Chapter 4, Part VII

Chapter 4: The Mice in Council, Part VII (Class Trial)

----

All of our votes had been cast, and yet again we saw the wheel on the screen spin until it eventually landed this time around on the masked face. The confetti and jingle that we were yet again greeted with said it all.

Tetsuo Garcia, the Ultimate Luchador, was the murderer of Iori Jabami, the Ultimate Snake Charmer.

He had finally paid the price for his crimes. And so would he, in a moment.

----

Tetsuo: ...

Ukyo: So, it is over. How do you feel?

Tetsuo: Not happy.

Ukyo: I know. Death is a frightening thought. I have felt the same when I had to cut off my arm-

Monokuma: But this ain't about you, this is about him! Tetsuo, do you wanna know something?

Tetsuo: What?

Monokuma: What if I told you that I had anonymously provided evidence to countless TV networks linking you to the vigilante crime spree of Sparkling Justice?

Tetsuo: You... couldn't have... I have fans out there! What will they think of me?

Monokuma: Exactly. They'll be devastated to learn that their "hero" was a murderer! A serial murderer! That will produce a lot of despair - enough to satisfy me for a lifetime!

Tetsuo: No way-

Monokuma: And as for the evidence? You'll see very soon! Upupupu~

Sasuke: Okay, seeing as you're about to die, what are you going to do? Kill us all?

Tetsuo: No. Not at all. I am going to help you all.

Chie: Re-really, ribbit?!

Tetsuo: Yes. It's the only way I can think of making up for the mistakes I've made with you all.

Sasuke: And yet countless murders are fair game?

Tetsuo: Hmph. Funny thought. I regret nothing except getting caught. But still, I fully intend to help you out from the good of my heart.

Sasuke: Yeah, right.

Tetsuo: Reiji, let me tell you something. It was indeed me who won the Daruma Game.

Kira: I think we all knew that already.

Tetsuo: But the Daruma Game did not just offer a taser... it also offered this. Have it, Reiji.

With those words, he handed over what appeared to be a small scroll, kept sealed by merely a little ribbon, and handed it over to me. Somewhat reluctantly, I unfurled it.

Tetsuo: Now then, read it out. For the sake of us all.

Reiji: Right. It says: "If you wish to find out where you truly are, seek the man named Mugen Kojima"...

Kira: Huh? Mugen Kojima? I've never met that guy in my life.

Reiji: Me neither... I have no idea who it's talking about.

Tetsuo: I kept it to myself because I wanted to test you all. If you failed to catch me, then you wouldn't be graced with such crucial information. And if you did, then I would see it fit to provide one last mercy in my dying moments.

Reiji: Right... Do you have anything else to say?

Tetsuo: Sí.

Silence. Nobody had any idea how to respond until he himself continued.