Chapter 3, Part III

Chapter 3: My Enemy's Enemy, Part III (Daily Life)

----

The answer to life as we knew it, to be paid for with condemning all of us to death, at least one directly. It was an offer that Monokuma had just made to us, and I could tell that someone here was going to go all in.

Not Shouko though. She whipped out her bat and made her disdain clear.

Shouko: Do you honestly think we'll be listening to you anymore?!

Monokuma: Yes. Yes I do.

Shouko: Well guess what? We're not gonna take it anymore! We're going to band together, and stop you by any means necessary!

Tetsuo: Hmm? It would be an ideal scenario.

Homura: But... wouldn't you then have to answer for your crimes-

Tetsuo: They are not crimes; they are acts of violence done in the name of justice. How many times will I have to make myself clear?!

Ukyo: Mind you, you do understand that your modus operandi makes you a prime suspect if a crime looks like it affirms to it?

Tetsuo: Of course I do! ¿No es obvio?

Chie: Li-listen. I think we should be friends, croak...

Homura: Umm...

Sasuke: Say what you think, Homura.

Homura: I think it's too late for that.

Chie: Re-really, ribbit?

Monokuma: Oooh, I like it, fatalism! Just throwing your hands up and accepting that you can't do anything about what's happening! That surely is true despair! Upupupu~

Ukyo: I am afraid to suggest that I do not find it humourous.

Monokuma: Go back to eating your apples, then! Maybe they'll be apples of knowledge and you'll achieve enlightenment that way!

Ukyo: No, sir.

Monokuma: Sheesh, what a killjoy.

Iori: Follow my example. Achieve enlightenment. See yourself for who you truly are.

Kira: Don't listen to him! Just, listen to me instead!

Iori: How the hell do you expect people to listen to you? They're dead. All of 'em. Well, except for me anyway, 'cuz I'm probably immortal.

Shouko: Iori. Don't go putting yourself at risk.

Iori: ...I won't~

Chie: That's a bit nice to hear. Ribbit.

Mayu: Ex-excuse me? Where did he go?

Kira: Huh?

We turned towards the stage to see that in the midst of our full-scale argument, Monokuma had silently taken his leave.

Asuka: Guess he's left us to contemplate his latest offer.

Shouko: Just forget about it, okay?! Let's get the hell out of here.

Tetsuo: Right.

Shouko and Ukyo thus escorted Tetsuo out - after all, because he was Sparkling Justice, everyone knew that he would be a danger if unsupervised. I was the next to leave the gym, and I can only assume that the rest scattered off afterwards.

----

(Free Time Event #11: Sasuke Akechi)

That bastard needed to be confronted. After all, he was the Ultimate Kidnapper - who was to say that he didn't have some involvement in rounding us up and bringing us all here? And as he said, if I wanted answers from him, then I would have to catch him. That's exactly what I did when I found him right about to go up the stairs into the costume room.