chapter 2

House of memories

"Harry you have to eat" regulus begged. Harry was sitting on his high chair regulus in front of him with a spoonful of mashed potatoes shaking his head. Regulus sighed before putting the container away and cleaning up Harry's face and hands before taking him from the high chair and into the playpen. Regulus tidied up the kitchen a little while harry as distracted. They lived completely like muggles only ever using magic when they absolutely needed it.

It was already may , regulus had his first Christmas without James and the rest of the group. Remus and Sirius where still in hiding , peter pettegriew was on the number one spot for the ministry to find. It wasn't completely safe for the lupin-blacks to return yet.

Narcissa was doing decently alright. On her birth certificate Rosalies last name was McKinnon-black but they changed every other document to say Malfoy. As much as it always pained her to not be able to raise her with Marlene or for everyone to say she was Marlene's daughter when hearing her last name, she knew she was making the right choice for her family's sake.

With the help of andromeda from time to time, regulus was doing best he knew how to raise harry how he believed James and lily would have. No pure blood supremacy bullshit he was taught growing up. All thought it was only a couple months that harry was in regulus care, the two had already created a strong bond. Regulus moved out of grimwald place on Christmas Eve and into a cottage far away from anything to do with the. Wizarding world.

"Come on harry you need outside time. Cant keep you in there forever" he smiled placing harry on his hip. He walked until they where a good distance from the lake that they could see it but harry wouldn't accidentally crawl in. The sun was already starting to set when harry crawled to the edge of the blanket regulus and put out of the two.

He found some what of his balance to stand on hie feet without holding onto something. Well he was more in the squatting position to not fall over. Regulus was crouched down with open arms. To catch harry.

"Come on bud you got this. Come on two steps that's all i need" he encouraged him. Regulus continued to do faces making the boy giggle, when he shook his head to where his curls feel to face face harry couldn't  have ran faster to regulus almost falling face first if it weren't for regulus catching him, swinging harry into the air and on his lap again. Both a giggling mess as harry tugged on regulus's curls.

"You did it Bambi i knew you could it just a matter of time till I'm chasing you around this place" regulus smiled. Some time passed as it got darker and harry was curled up on regulus with his head on regulus shoulder fighting the erg to fall asleep, inevitability losing that fight and falling asleep on him. The same was James used to when they where back to school hiding int the room of recruitments to have time away from everyone.

"Lets get you to bed now".

"Sirius are you sure this is smart" remus asked. Sirius had broken into regulus house while he was out with harry. Obviously forcing remus to come in with him. "Very rem he's my brother he'll be fine with it" Sirius said going into the liquor cabinet taking out a bottle of wine. As regulus opened the door looking round. The smell of wet dog was inevitable.

"Hello Sirius remus nice to see you both again" he said in a low voice to not wake harry dropping the bag he had with him by the door. Kicking off his shoes he saw that Sirius had already made himself comfortable while remus tried to maintain the order regulus some what had in the house.