chapter 28

just a child

regulus couldn't have been more ecstatic at the fact his son had his first crush, even if just hours ago he offended her. 

the day after regulus and harry had gone to diagon ally for last minute gifts. whoever said regulus was responsible with time management or had any sense of time where truly lying to themselves.

"who we missing" regulus said holding almost all the bags.

"the girl you insulted and grandma" he said with a smirk looking at regulus who rolled his eyes and looked playfully annoyed with him.

"has anyone ever told you how passive aggressive you are" regulus giggled as they continued walking through the crowded ally's for diagon ally.

"you hav multiple times yes" he smiled with pride. before turing down a darker ally into a more hidden shop they could hear someone yelling. the two looked at one another before quietly looking to see. to there disbelief is was aria who was getting yelled at by an older women. regulus could have only imagined that was the head of the orphanage.

"you stupid little brat, do you know nothing of manors you're worse than a dog" she yelled at aria who lowered her head.

"i'm sorry" she said "i'm sorry you're a miserable old hag who takes out her insecurities on children and uses them as maids and your husbands using us like punching bags" she snapped back there was a moment of silence .

silence before the madams hand came in contact with arias face at full force making the girl stumble back. regulus and harry watching in horror as regulus held the collar of harry's shirt knowing he was capable of running over to the girl and pulling her away.

"first you're mother then you're brother and now you, truly you rosier need more discipline than one can give" she said before walking away leaving aria there her hand over her face. tears yet again at the brim of her eyes but she never dared let them fall.

"rosiers don't cry aria, don't you dare cry" she whispered to herself. regulus couldn't help but be caught up in the moment listening to that name rosier and where he knew it from. before he could even react harry slipped out of his grasp and ran towards aria.

"harry" she said confused before she could say anything else harry tackled her into a hug, she just froze. aria wasn't one for physical touch yet she didn't pull away when harry hugged her. she could wrap her head around it. why she felt so comfortable letting him see her so vulnerable.

" this is the part where you hug me back" he whispered and she did. regulus only looked at the two. he knew it he knew harry liked her but wouldn't admit it, not just yet.

"professor black" aria said when harry finally let go.

"where not in school aria you can call me regulus" he smiled. she looked at him skeptical but nodded harry made a face towards regulus.

"look aria i'm sorr-"

"don't be you where mad and caught up in the moment. it's fine no need to apologize, i have to go though so i'll see you both back at school" aria said quickly she put the hood of her coat on and walked down towards the main road.

she stopped abruptly and looked back at the two who watched her walk away.

"if it's any better i've been called worse so you didn't offended me" she smiled lying though her teeth turning back and leaving.

"curse word pass" harry said to regulus

"granted"

"you fucked up big time"