chapter 23

be enough

"sirius don't you think it's a little too soon to go and be digging into arias life we barely even know the girl. for all we know maybe she was telling the truth" remus pleaded with his husband yet sirius did not budge from his point. he know kids in this situation too well. he was a kid in that situation.

"remus i love you and all but stop trying to change my mind you won't not this time" sirius said. maybe remus was right, he usually was and that was something sirius could agree on but for this he couldn't, he couldn't let remus be right and change his mind.

to many horrid scenarios crossed sirius's mind of what could and has happened to aria. he didn't know why he was acting in such a way, why he felt so compelled to help her. maybe it was the fear he felt knowing another innocent kid could go through what he went through with his own mother. he hated this feeling. 

"sirius think about this please we can't go in on some high horse trying to save a girl we barley know"  remus tried to reason. still no use. sirius was set on trying to understand the girl and the life she had.

"remus love stop, i have to do this. maybe your right but i can't just let this go. it feels wrong if i don't do this" he answer back storming off into another room. remus only sighed and followed him. 

"it's scary growing up in a house like that, not knowing if you've been good enough to get your next meal or just being good enough in general. my own home was a prison and i can't imagine what an orphanage would be doing to that sweet girl" sirius said looking up at remus.

"i know. and i also know you have a heart of gold and given the chance you would buy every orphanage in london to make sure every kid is safe but we can't. we have to look at the facts here first. we'll go see the outside of mary anna's and get an idea of it then we let regulus handle it right" remus bargained. 

"fine but i'm not letting this go" sirius said sternly. remus only giggled and kissed sirius's forehead.

"i know"

"i love you remus"

"i love you more"

"not possible"

back at hogwarts it was officially the student first day. all years where at the great hall, we'll expect for harry who was waiting for regulus.

"harry" he said from down the corridor catching harry off guard. regulus looked like he hadn't aged a day back into his school robes witch where now all black teacher ones with his wand tucked into his pocket.

"i like it when you call me bambi better" harry huffed hugging regulus who laughed with a smile

"alright then bambi, i need a favor from you well me sirius and remus aswell" regulus said as they walked to the great hall door not going in but just enough so they could see the slytherin table.

"sure anything" harry said cheerfully.

"you see that girl long black hair.. that's aria and i have a feeling you would both be good friends" regulus nudged. safe to say harry was mesmerized. aria was a cute eleven year old no one would be blind to see that yet already to harry she was prettier than any other girl his year.

"so you want me to become friends with her" harry said not taking his eyes off the girl. regulus smirked already knowing harry felt something, also realizing he would start needing to have a different talk with harry about girl. he would most likely leave that to narcissa or cecelia. 

"yup" regulus said 

"okay bye dad see you later" harry said walking towards the slytherin table without another look back to regulus.