chapter 17

so my darling

"dad can i ask you something" rosalie asked lucius as she sat on the kitchen counter at the manor watching him make coffee.

marlene was right about one thing. lucius would love that little girl as if she was his own. he kept every promise to narcissa he ever made regarding the kids. when cecelia came back into his life merely three years ago, he made a decision that would separate himself from the malfoy name. the bloodline his father had sworn to protect at all cost.

he got himself exiled and permanently banned from the malfoy manor. he did it for his kids, his wife, his friends and more overly his mother's wishes before she passed.

don't become your father lucius. it's not worth being someone else's bitch and losing your family over.

"sure anything love" he said smiling at the nine year old. ten in a couple weeks, which only meant one more year till she along with her brother harry neville and aurora where off to hogwarts.

"how did you and mum meet" she asked to his surprise. he would have thought she would ask narcissa these sorts of questions. but nope she was asking him.

"you want the short answer or the long one" he asked.

"longer story please" she smiled. lucius looked down at her cheeky smile. marlene's cheeky smile but lucius didn't mind.

"we'll it was my fourth year at hogwarts, i was with some friends and your mother along with her sisters where walking down th same hall. it wasn't the first time i saw her but the first time i ever truly noticed her" he said the memories hitting him all at once again.

"what made you notice her" rosalie asked

"you know how she has the bottom of her hair blond and the top black. before she died the blond a light blue and aunt andromeda died her bangs purple"

"so you noticed her because she broke the rules"

"we'll yea kinda, i was more intrigued at the fact she did do it and wasn't scared of the consequences that came with it. your mother has always been fearless nothing ever scared her and all that made me lover her more and more"

"did she love you the same way" rosalie asked. lucius sighed. he wanted to say no, her mother didn't love him they way he loved her. her heart always belong to another and he was fine with that.

sure he couldn't tell that to his ten year old, how biological there was nothing connecting the two. but in there case it was similar to regulus and harry. sure they weren't biological related but to say rosalie didn't act like lucius malfoy would be a lie. they were exactly the same person.

"she loves me a substantial amount but who she really really loves is your mummy" he smiled softly. of course he wouldn't admit it. admit that the love of his life would never truly live him back, didn't mean she didn't love lucius just wasn't the same way she loved marlene.

Marlene: i'm superior
author: hush marlene

"so you always win in who loves who more"

"yea i always win"

"not true" narcissa said with draco attached to her hip. she walked in as if nothing. truth she was standing behind the kitchen wall listening. she could hear every ounce of pain in lucius's voice but didn't dare say a word. she wanted to talk to him she always did tried to apologize give him an out, work a schedule to see the kids.

he said no each time. he worked it out each time. he swore he could love her and the kids enough to stay. always said it was the bare minimum to just stay. always saying how he owed to world to narcissa for baring him a son and marlene for a daughter. would give draco and rosalie kingdoms if they asked.