chapter 9

better half of me

trial day. today was trial day. the day regulus had to fight some lady to be able to keep his own son. stupid if one thought about it truly. harry had been in regulus care since the age of one. there was no point in this but he had to, he had to stay with his son.

compared to the dursley's case regulus was stronger, he had physical evidence to keeping harry safe and healthy along with doing everything right for harry's well being.

"come on regulus we have to go" narcissa said. regulus stood infront of the mirror brushing out his hair while narcissa fixed the collar of his shirt. no one could have imagined the pain he was going through. to know one wrong word could be the reason he loses his son absolutely terrified him.

lily: james just let me kill her and then regulus stays with harry problem solved
james: lily no marlene your not helping. *marlene proceeds to chant fight*
james: lily you'll go to hell and it's a miracle we're here.
lily: i'll gladly walk in there AFTER i beat this bitch
james: AFTER THE TRIAL
lily: FINE

"hey bud i got to talk with you" regulus said harry sat on the couch waiting for pandora lovegood to get her to babysit with her daughters aurora the oldest who was harry's age and luna who was a year younger.

"so you know how pandora is coming to take care of you today because me and uncle sirius remus and cissy have to do something important today right." regulus began to explain. it hurt. it hurt knowing this could be his last goodbye. praying to merlin it wasn't. harry only nodded.

"and you know your aunt and uncle from mummy's side of the family petunia and vernon" harry nodded again. "we'll they wanna take you away from me but i'm not going to let them alright. i promise you they won't take you away from me" regulus said. he could see tears weld up in harry's eyes. regulus hugged harry as he felt tears soak his shirt.

"please don't let them take me, there mean amd scary and i don't want to. i want to stay with you daddy please" harry begged through tears. tears also weld up into regulus eyes hearing the hurt in his sons voice.

"i promise you harry you stay with me till the end of time, when i come home tonight we'll go to that beach town in italy you like yea, we'll stay there as long as you want just the two of us"

"swear"

"swear i won't leave you ever"

"i love you daddy"

"i love you more bud more than you'll ever know"

lily: *sobbing*

"reg we have to go or we'll be late" remus said coming into harry's room. regulus wipped his eyes before harry could see him. then wiping harry's tears with the sleeve of his shirt. he put on a smile picking up harry and walking downstairs. pandora aurora and luna sat in the living room chatting with sirius and narcissa.

"oh reg" pandora said hugging her best friend. he hugged her his face hidden in her neck as he let a tear or two slip.

"everything will work out alright. positive manifesting and thought alright" she smiled cupping his face. he nodded saying his goodbyes to harry with another hug and kissing the top of his head before linking arms with narcissa. by the time they got there regulus hadn't said a word, the four walked up the steps and into the courts room halls. they could see petunia and vernon down the hall with there lawyer. regulus began to panic.

" remember pandoras words positive manifesting and thoughts" narcissa assured him rubbing his arm as they lawyer approached him.

"i have mary and andromeda on stand by if we need someone to beat the she devil" sirius whispered into regulus ear, he chuckled.