chapter 26

holly jolly christmas

christmas at hogwarts. the white snow blanketing the grounds. it was beautiful watching the first years have snowball fight or the older kids go out to the village for a warm cup of butterbeer.

it had been four months since aria tried to push everyone away. key words try, aurora and neville saw past her facade and cornered her in the library and made her explain why she would do such a thing.

after some threats and time bargaining she explained everything leaving aurora in tears and neville giving her the biggest hug aura began to cry aswell. the two promised to not tell a soul and always stuck by arias side no matter what there friends said.

aria was also always by cedric's side. no one could peel the girl away from her brother. everyone just became accustomed to seeing her with the hufflepuff. watching him walk her to class or sit with him and his friends during meals. cedric's friends never minded the girl and saw her as an extra hufflepuff although she was a slytherin.

so she sat with them on the train to go home for the two weeks off. cedric had offered more like forced aria to come with him for christmas. within the hours on the train aria only stepped out of the compartment twice. to use the loo and to get sweets for everyone.

in the last two hours before getting to the platform aurora and neville (with the help of cedric) forced her out of the compartment to sit with them. took them a minute but they got her out and into there own compartment.

"so you excited for yule" aurora asked settling in. neville by her side and aria sitting across from them.

"ehh it's going to be fine nothing special" aria shrugged.

"nothing special, do you not like yule or winter at all it's the best time of the year, muggles made a song about it and everything" neville exclaimed getting his love for yule from his mother.

"that's sweet nev but i have different plans anyway, i'm spending yule eve with cedric and his friends and then the rest of the break i go home" she said with a heavy sigh. home meaning the orphanage

"or you can say with me, i doubt my parents would mind" neville said opening up his home to aria with a warm smile

"or my aunt wouldn't mind ether you can meet my sister luna she's such a sweetheart" aurora said 'must run in the family' aria thought but simply declined all offers.

"ARIA" sirius yelled at the top of his lungs the second she stepped of the train. she jumped startled at the sound of her named be yelled so forcefully. neville instinctively grabbed her hand to sooth her.

"i'm fine nev i'll see you after the break i can't miss the bus" she whispered to him and aurora as she quickly made her way out of the platform then the station. not realizing sirius was running after her at full speed along with remus right behind him.

"aria.. aria wait please" sirius called out. it didn't take him long to catch up to the girl after he ran down the stairs and then running infront of her to stop her from walking away. remus caught up moments later.

"why didn't you stop after we kept calling you" remus asked trying to catch his breath. aria didn't dare look them in the eye

"i can't miss the bus"

"fuck the bus we'll take you home just talk to us" sirius snapped putting a hand on her shoulder.

"what about" she said lowly. sirius instantly felt guilty for the tone of his voice, he knew better about how he should talk to her.

"anything how is school so far, we heard you go slytherin it's a fine house to be in" remus said in a more comforting way.

"it was fine nothing special" she lied.