chapter 8

my baby

TW: slurs

"there what" regulus shouted angrily at sirius and remus who sat on his bed as he paced around.

"threatened to sue you and take harry into there custody" remus said lowly hanging his lead low as well.

"this is some bullshit" sirius snapped running his hands through his hair.

"they can't. they can't fucking do that harry's my son mine" regulus shouted still pacing around. the three glad harry was on a play date with the malfoy twins. petunia and vernon dursley threatening to take harry way from regulus.

"this isn't fair this isn't fair sirius they want to take away my fucking kid"

lily: BEAT HER ASS REG DO IT

"they have no case against you reg. you've done everything right the muggle way and wizarding one in raising harry there no way anyone can see you unfit and take him from you" remus tried to reassure his brother in law but it was no use. regulus was a complete mess thinking of every worse scenario that could happen.

"except the fact mine fucking bipolar remus, they could easily say i'm having a manic episode and take him from me"

"regulus you haven't had and manic episode or depression episode in the past six years. you take your meds and do everything right they won't take harry from you" sirius shouted over his brothers voice. the three fell silent regulus pacing around still while sirius now laid on the bed and remus sat on the floor the bed supporting his back.

"what do they even want with harry" regulus asked more to himself that the other two.

"probably the potter fortune, they might have through lily and james where to get married meaning lily would have gotten some of the fortune" remus sighed

"so can i tell that bitch they where never getting married that it was supposed to be regulus and james wedding not lily. what mushrooms is that psycho shru smoking, i swear i'll ask mary to beat her ass if we have to"

lily: DO IT SIRIUS YOU WONT. TELL THE BITCH

"violence isn't the answer for everything sirius"

"no no rem i agree with my brother in this case when it comes to my kid violence is definitely the answer" regulus agreed. remus sighed as they heard the front door slam open.

"regulus" andromeda shouted running through the house.

"my room" regulus shouted back, they could hear her running up the stairs bursting through the door. almost ripping the door off it's hinges.

"there's no way they want to take harry" she shouted.

"cause i would have been richer than i already am" he sighed throwing himself onto the floor. sirius had to hold back his want to laugh. the three tried to go over a way to make the dursley's drop the case. a thousand different thoughts running through regulus head. everything physically hurt regulus knowing harry could just be taken away from him within a blink of an eye.

"how badly did i fail lily" regulus said suddenly his eyes filling with tears. andromeda remus and sirius let half stupid by his suddenness.

lily: SHUT THE FUCK UP REG YOU DIDN'T I COULDN'T BE PROUDER OF YOU

"you didn't fail her regulus this is just a little bump in the road nothing has happened" andromeda said.

"she's right regulus they don't have a case it's empty threats don't work yourself up over it" remus tried reassuring him, yet again it was no use.