Shy

All the students over powered our silence and we only seemed like mimes to everyone else.

Ezielle poked sadly at her food, as I sat beside her, looking around the cafeteria in a reverie. I was kind of in a shock, and had no idea how to react to some things right now, like my brain had went numb of any emotion or feeling.

I heard a plop below my face, and I shifted my eyes from scanning the whole cafeteria to the chicken Ezzy always drops in my plate when we have chicken for lunch. I wish we could talk about what happened with Shirley, but then again it was nice to have some peace and quiet to fill in an environment without Shirley. I bit at my lip, and kept rubbing my knee with my thumb as it caressed the denim of my jeans.

I wonder if Tyler knew about the bad news.

So miserable, and emotionless, I just had to throw my hair up into a bun to get going to school, but I shouldn't be so down, because we were all mean't to separate.

Ezielle, Radigan, Me, Jesse, Harry, and Shirley. We're all going in our own paths, but I just couldn't shake the feeling of not having anyone of those good friends of mine around, because that mean't we had to start over with a new set of friends.

Ezielle wasn't the type to give advice, but the type to need advice for all her problems, because that was all she really worried about. However, I still cared, because Ezzy tried not to think about herself all the time, because she did really care about her friends, and I knew it was something she struggled with.

I heard a squeak, but I ignored the irritating sound, as a commotion started up at one of the girls' tables then died down as soon as it started, then I heard another longer squeaking sound beside me.

I looked over at Ezzy then down to her plate to see her carving Harry's name into the styrofoam tray with her fork. All the students had been dismissed and were starting to get up as my blood boiled. She wants Harry so bad, I'll get her Harry.

I watched as I saw Harry, Jesse, and Radigan rise from their table slowly all getting up from the benched table, then dumping their trays into the trash right by them, but I pushed myself through the crowd of students.

I don't know where Ezzy went, but I was sure going to get Harry to take her to prom. I mean, I don't need men anyway.

I spotted Harry closer in my area, so I stepped up to him, grabbing his wrist, feeling the tingles run up my arm, barely being able to wrap all my fingers around his wrist, but I used all my strength to pull the tall curly-haired boy out the cafeteria back door to the lunch tables set up outside.

"Okay," I jumped right to it, as I settled myself to sit on the table as I placed my boots on the bench of it.

"You should take Ezielle to prom with you and I mean it," I told him straight-forward as he just looked at me, confused, but he looked cute as a curl dropped onto his eyelash like when we met.

"Why?" he questioned as he stuffed his hands into his pockets, as his white t-shirt glided into his skinny jean pockets a bit.

"Because she says your attractive, handsome, and a gentleman to just go to prom with," I told him what she said and he gave me that adorable confused face.

"That sounds like she just wants to show me off," he read what I was thinking when she said the same thing to me.

"I know," I grunted and placed my face into my hands in frustration.

"Why are you so into this?" his voice seemed to get deeper then ever and a shiver ran along my side.

"I don't know, Harry, I don't know," I replied to him as I uncovered my face of my hands, just leaning my head against them. It was starting to get hot for me now, but I still needed to help out Ezzy.

"I'm already thinking about someone anyway," he said, as his green eyes sparkled up in the sunlight that touched his body, making me feel alive, but almost smile.

"Who? I'm sure Ezzy could beat any of these girls in here," I started.

"Ezielle is the most beautiful girl in the school, tell me who you're thinking of," I said to him, and he carried the crooked smile again, making me smile, but it was hard to hide it.

"You must be seeing something else, because this girl can totally beat Ezzy, trust me," Harry said and I grunted.

"Who?" I asked in irritation, and he now wore a smirk as he walked closer up to me.

"I want you to be my prom date," he said, and I kept my irritating face on as I froze then faded to realization as I felt the warmth rise to my cheeks.

The irritation came back and I hit Harry hard on the side of his arm.

"Ow, why!?" he shouted in pain as he gripped his arm in pain.

"Because you waited this long to ask me, and prom is tomorrow night," I said in a complaining tone and he looked down upset.

"I know, I was just really scared to ask, love," Harry said as his arm was just bright red from my slap, but you would never expect Harry to be shy.

"Now what am I going to do? Buy a dress today or tomorrow?" I asked and I shook my head, looking down.

I felt guilty of making Harry feel like crap after his attempt in asking me to be his prom date, so I looked up at the boy who just stopped rubbing his arm and stuffed his hands in his pockets with his head down.

"I'm sorry, Harry," I told him, as I stepped off of the table, and unexpectedly wrapped him into a hug. I felt his arms envelope me as well, as I felt a type of power in me. It was that magical feeling I kept feeling from Harry.

"I didn't mean to make you feel like this is all your fault," I told him, as he hugged me tighter.

"It's fine, it was my fault and I'm the one who should be sorry here," I felt Harry's chest vibrate and I suddenly felt comfortable with the feeling.

"I'm happy to go with you as a friend, Harry," I said genuinely and released him from my hold, still trying not to be so close with men right now.

"I'm glad," he responded with a small smile, but he still didn't seem alright about things right away.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, as he let go of me and squeezed his hands into his pockets again.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine," he responded to me, and I nodded reassured that he was okay, but then we took off to our classes.

--------------
Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am fun again.