Dresses

I swear these vibrant colors blinded me. All I was seeing was bright dresses today and I'm pretty sure my eyes were starting to change up on me so far.

"This one is way too heavy, and it feels like I'm getting married," I told my mother as she walked around the big long creme dress that carried a huge bow in the back as staff of the store were helping me out.

"I wish; you'd be out of the house," I heard my mom say and I gasped.

"I'm kidding darling," she said, as she kept walking around the dress as I kept my stance on the circular platform.

"Yeah, I would say this dress is for a maid slash princess so I'd say Cinderella," I gave the dress more of my comments and I wasn't sure if they sounded so convincing to be negative, but they were to me.

"Alright, hey, why won't we go with black?" she asked and I shrugged as my mom finally stood in front of me with her usual trench coat and her hair to the mid of her back.

"We can try it," I told her, and she instructed the staff for a black dress.

Soon I was trying on tons of the black dresses, but they were all too fancy as each one had a tighter waist and were very long. It just didn't work out and then we tried to work out some purple dresses that were more like I was in a fairy tale.

That last purple dress seemed like it wasn't mean't for that type of style. It was so itchy against my skin and sparkles on the top part of the dress kept scratching at my arms. It just wasn't working.

Unfortunately, I got dressed back into my original clothes and got ready to leave the store.

"If only Harry asked you way before," she told me and I rolled my eyes, making me feel like he probably had someone else on his mind while he took that long to ask. She was making me feel like there was something wrong with that.

He didn't make the perfect way to ask me, but I was glad he finally did, however my mom was making me question it.

We were about to exit the shop until I saw the most gorgeous green dress. It caught my eye automatically and it was like teal mixed with more of a green.

"Mom," I said, speechless at the sight of the dress. It was perfect for me. I loved how it looked so much.

"This is the dress," I said, not even sure if I was speaking to my mom or myself, but I walked up to the dress slowly and hesitantly as it was hung up improperly. It wasn't even facing the other dress, just facing the outside, but I knew that it was a gift for me.

"I'm trying it on," I said, as I gripped the long dress into my hands, not sure if it was a turquoise or a deep dark color of teal, but I checked the tag to see it was a dark turquoise.

"She would like to try on this dress here," I heard my mom speak up to one of the staffs behind me and they confirmed that I could.

I was standing back on the circular platform again, really feeling the magic in the dress almost as if it was the magic I would feel for Harry, but it was never ever gonna be stronger than that.

Then, my mind flashed back to the green in his eyes. Oh, how I loved green, and how his eyes were going to be the only ones to hold all the dark shade and light shades of green. He probably didn't even know my favorite color was green.

The dress had a soft fabric and was the perfect fit. It had sleeves that only started from under my shoulders revealing my shoulders, and the dress was fitting at the waist then cascaded with a flow. It wasn't a straight down flow to the dress, but it flowed out to the side, making it a beautiful spin as the dress would rise.

What really made the dress even more gorgeous was the open area on my back to expose the bare skin along with the bow that hung from the buttoned piece at the top.

The dress was perfect and I loved it.

"Is this your dress, Selly?" I heard my mom ask beside me and I smiled in the mirror.

"This is my dress," I answered her, as I couldn't keep my eyes off the thing.

----------------
However, faraway, I will always love you.