Learn

The room was starting to clear as my colleagues dispersed into the halls of the college and I was left behind, because I wanted to speak to the teacher.

I picked up my bag, and my notebook for class as I moved around the desks to get to my music education teacher. I had a few questions about one of the concepts she taught in her earlier classes.

I stepped up to Ms. Rose, who seemed to get startled at my unexpected approach and she looked up as an orange wavy hair fell from her forehead, almost making her like she was young little girl again.

"I want to ask you about that idea you had, maybe some classes ago," I started, as she organized papers on her desk, and pulled out her next class's work from a storage drawer from under her desk.

"It was about that love song lesson...I just curious of what you were going to say before you dismissed music education," I told her, and her solid blue eyes immediately lit up at my interest in the concept.

"Uhm, well, do you have a particular question?" she asked, and I thought about it.

"I was wondering if your love song idea could somehow connect to real life relationships," I said, and she looked back down as her curls slouched down at her posture.

"Well, when I was talking about the biggest con of a love song, I was speaking really on how you use that song, and if you repeat a love song, it starts to get boring the break apart," she spoke her knowledge and I nodded as she continued work.

"A song is mean't to end, meaning that you become sad when you know it's finished, when the song is really trying to sink its words into you, making you think, so putting it on repeat can really make the song useless," she sped up her words, as I tried to catch on.

"You've used the song over and over again, so it's going o of course, end up being useless after awhile," Ms. Rose finished, then finally looked up to me.

"Why do you think this has anything to do with relation, Ms. Gomez?" she asked, her blue eyes becoming curious.

"I was just thinking about it," I said, looking down and thinking about my relationship with Harry.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked, as she stopped organizing, and I shook my head, then thought about really what she was telling me, but I still didn't know how to connect to what Harry was to me at all. That's why I came up to Ms. Rose to find out who Harry was to me right now, and I asked her about the idea of a love song, but it just wasn't making sense so I left it alone.

"No, I'm fine...thank you, Ms. Rose," I said, as I left her classroom and finally took off to my dorm.

I thought so hard, knowing I felt like Ms. Rose's idea had connected to Harry, but I couldn't quite put it altogether.

I opened up my dorm, and I was surprised by three special guest as they shouted in surprise. I looked to find little miss Jodie Wales, Mr. Johnson, the librarian, and an unfamiliar girl, holding onto Jodie's hand.

"Selena," Jodie ran to my legs, hugging them tight as I noticed all the crazy drawn out small cards on my bed. Each one of them had their own little design and creation to it, making me smile, as I slipped my fingers through the little girl blonde hair.

"We made this," she pulled away, pointing towards all the cards the were settled on my bed.

"Hi, Ms. Gomez, in appreciation, I had all the kids that you managed over the summer create cards to thank you for being a leader," Mr. Johnson stuck out a hand for me to shake, and I grabbed it, pulling him into a hug instead.

"Thank you, this really makes my day," I said to him, as I hugged him tightly and pulled away to look down and see little Jodie tugging on the unknown girl's hand.

"This is Rube," Jodie introduced the girl, and the girl quite reminded me of Ezielle a bit with her blonde hair and blue eyes.

She stuck out a hand with a big smile to her face.

"Hi, I'm Jodie's bigger sister, Ruby Wales, but if I had known you took care of my sister, and you went to my college, we would've been best friends a long time ago, huh?" she asked, with a laugh almost similar to Shirley's and now I was starting to miss my two best friends.

I knew I had Jessy, but she wasn't the comforting type, while she just wanted me to get rid of Harry.

"Wow, I never knew," I said, with a smile back, and now i was worried, because I must've looked like a mess from being miserable these couple days. I hid my uncontrollably shaking hands behind my back after, shaking hands with the big sister.

"And by the way, if you were wondering how we located your room and got in, we asked the administration, and then your friend invited us in," she said, as her blue eyes almost looked silver, and I let out a small laugh.

"Oh, brother," I grunted, and I walked more into my room past the guess, but I was about to face them again, a vibration came to bottom.

I slid my hand into my pocket, pulling out my phone, then seeing the picture of Harry on the screen, then I cut the call, slipping it back into my back pocket.

"You okay?" Mr. Johnson asked, and I nodded with an unsure smile, but they soon left me, leaving me in deep thought, but instead I just ended up crying myself to sleep, as Harry kept ringing for me.