Episode 11 - A Crack In The Glass

The doors to the Garbage Room have finally opened up enough to enter the place, so you move forward

The doors to the Garbage Room have finally opened up enough to enter the place, so you move forward. "Sherry? Sherry, where are you?" You call out, your voice echoing through the large space.

No response. You think she might be asleep. Or maybe just passed out.

Leon already comes to the conclusion that Sherry isn't here, and he has a feeling he knows just how that's possible.

The only logical thing that could've happened is that Claire went through the U-door after you two unlocked it — because even he knew that finding another way to the room was pretty much impossible — and took Sherry while you were fighting Birkin outside. Good chance she's gone down to the lab as well.

Shit. Did the cable car come back up, then?

You're panicking, because you know none of that. It's not like Leon really thought to inform you of his murder attempt. "Shit! Where did she go?"

"My best guess is down to the lab."

"Oh, you mean the place we can't go to because we don't have an ID wristband?" You retort sarcastically with frustration, but Leon taps you on your shoulder.

"You mean something like this?"

He casually holds the wristband with electronic chip in front of your face. Frowning at him, your lips part. "Where did you get that?"

"The floor." He says with a light pout, putting the item around his wrist. "Was just lying around here."

"Weird. Considering there's no bodies to be found." You mumble under your breath.

Leon just shrugs his shoulders. "Let's just take it for what it is. Shall we?"

It's time to go down to the lab and get the sample. Neither of you have any idea what will happen there, but he's got a bad feeling in his gut.

The moment you arrive at the cable car, he gently puts his hand on your lower back to lead you inside. The door of the car opens after he holds his wrist up, so that's good.

"Sure you got everything you need? This might be a one-way ride." He tells you, and you nod at him, sitting down in the cable car, on the very small bench in the middle. Leon moves over to pull the handle, and you feel the car slowly begins to move underneath your feet. The noise of the car moving is muffled while you're sitting inside.

He turns to look at you over his shoulder rather slowly, eyes trailing over your upper body and legs. He sees you blinking slowly, eyelashes fluttering as you seem to be preoccupied with whatever is running through your mind.

Being in the cable car, he finally feels like he can completely focus on you without a zombie or a licker or God knows what hiding in the corner. You're sitting in front of him, a soft look on your face when your eyes meet his.

"What is it?" You ask with a small chuckle, and he wants you to laugh again just so he can hear the sound of it. He likes your laugh. Your voice. You.