Episode 17 - The Great Escape

"How the hell did you get down here?" Leon asks the lady in red across from him, stepping onto the bridge

"How the hell did you get down here?" Leon asks the lady in red across from him, stepping onto the bridge. She limps over to the two of you, and both of you notice her injured leg.

It's been hours since the last time you three were together, but everything is different now. She's injured, you're infected and Leon — well, he's just trying to survive from all the ladies attacking him here.

And not in a good way.

"I have my ways." She responds with a blank face. "The sample. Please, tell me you got it."

"We've got it." Leon says, trying to disguise his grip on your arm as him being protective of you. Thing is, the lady doesn't know — or shouldn't know — that he's with Umbrella, so he'll try to maintain his cover if possible.

Ada nods. "That's good. Let me verify it so we can get the hell out of here." She's already sticking her hand out, and Leon has to admit she's a good actress. Too bad for her he wasn't born yesterday.

So he chuckles tauntingly before aiming Matilda at her. "Did you really think we'd give it to you? Some cheap mercenary?"

He can see by the way her nostrils flare up that she did not like his statement, and she takes her own gun out as well. "That's funny, considering you're with Umbrella."

Yeah, he should've seen that coming. Whoever she is, she's good at all this.

"Get out of the way, Ada. You'll let us leave. Whether you choose to stay and die is up to you. I don't give a shit." He tells her calmly.

"Hand over the sample, Leon." She says sternly, gripping the firearm tighter. "Or I'll shoot your girlfriend."

Your eyes widen, but Leon keeps his cool. "I've taken one bullet for her already. I'll take another one if I have to."

He takes the sample out of his pocket, holding it above the dark abyss underneath you. If he lets go, it'll drop and won't ever be found again. You frown at the sight. Is he really willing to go that far just for you? Getting rid of the one thing he's been trying to get to all night just to protect you?

"Go ahead. Do it. You'll end up with empty hands, though." He goes on, shaking the small piece of glass in the air, taunting her. The purple-ish liquid inside moves around visibly. The motion attracts her attention for a split second, after which you immediately hear a gunshot.

Leon has shot her right in her chest, the bullet hitting her shoulder. It was a deliberate choice to shoot her there, because he doesn't actually have the intention of killing her. She whimpers in pain, gritting her teeth. Gasping, you take a few steps forward.

Before she can take a shot at him, debris hits the bridge and knocks you all off guard.

Since Leon was standing behind you at the time of the hit, he's fallen to the point where he's hanging on the broken off ledge that was originally the middle of the bridge. You, however, moved forward, managing to grab Ada's hand just in time.