Act II

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi! I hope you've all been enjoying the story so far! Here's a quick heads-up before you continue.

Last chapter (Ep. 22) is technically the (first) final chapter. This is where the second act starts (it's basically the sequel but I simply refuse to publish a separate book).

Here's the thing. You can take Leon's death (end of Ep. 21) as a canon ending if you want.

However. If you're still invested enough to keep reading, which, Jesus Christ, I doubt anyone is 'cause I've been dragging this shit out for so long — you can go on and read the sequel. Ep. 22 is pretty much the prologue for it and sets up the setting and starting point and all that jazz.

Please note that the sequel will not be set during a game like before, as it'll be following the reconciliation of Leon and Reader now that they're both forced by the government to do their bidding as well as some... secret spy stuff happening.

Because apparently I will grasp any opportunity to write enemies to lovers if I get one.

The themes in the following chapters are definitely much heavier and will focus a lot on trauma, abuse, torture, mental illness, and will include a chapter with attempted suicide. Leon and Reader's relationship gets very, and I mean very toxic (but they will also resolve their conflicts and turn their relationship into a healthy one). Reader discretion is advised.

Would highly recommend not reading the whole thing in one go. Or so I've heard. Do with this what you will.

Despite how heavy the themes mentioned above sound, I personally didn't feel like it was when I wrote it, but some people might be uncomfortable with these things so I felt it was necessary to give a heads-up.

Please don't proceed if you don't like angsty stuff y'all. I'm putting this up here for a reason. Act II is even more of a trainwreck than the previous 😭 so don't come at me.

Every chapter that includes heavy themes will have a warning at the top. Thanks for the support and enjoy! <3