Episode 13 - Fool Me Once

The body of the doctor drops to the floor, though not without getting up after, ready to take a bite out of your neck

The thing about your grenade launcher is that it's not at all practical to use it when the target is too close, because the acid or fire — depending on the type of ammo you're using — might hit you in the process.

So you opt for your handgun, going for the knees instead of the head, as the bodies of the zombies seem fragile sometimes. It's the same with Doctor Li, you notice, seeing him falling flat on his face, after which you step on the back of his head, causing the skull to break and blood to seep out. It's a rather effective move you saw Leon perform earlier tonight, back in the station, now being confident enough to do it yourself. Even if it is beyond gross.

In the nap pod the man fell out just seconds ago, you find a note.

Damn. Seems like a bunch of them were killed by the military, which is just as strange to you as it apparently was to Doctor Li himself. Why the hell would they go for some scientists? Attacking them like this? How was that even authorized by the government? Maybe Leon knows something.

It seems that, aside from the note and the hip pouch, there's nothing else in here. You pout, being a little frustrated that you were so eager to go here, only to be disappointed. This much time and effort for nothing—

Wait. Time.

You've been standing here, reading the note and processing it all in silence, forgetting about the time limit you had before Leon said he'd come looking for you. Shit! You don't want him to grow worried over nothing.

So you run out of the room, hoping you'll make it back to the North Area in time.

Just several minutes earlier, after you went up the stairs, Leon finds himself in the Greenhouse Control Room. He's lucky to have a memory that's serving him so well, as he remembers the code from the underside of the golden trophy distinctly.

The red lock on the screen becomes green in an instant, being unlocked now, so he can finally get the solution.

Now that he doesn't have you and your grenade launcher with him, he has to do his best to avoid the plant zombies. Using ammo on them would be a waste, since the only way to take them down is to burn 'em, and he doesn't have the right gun for that.

He can hear one of them dropping onto the floor at the other side, so he's good for now — and he's made it back to the Testing Lab, empty cartridge in hand. He inserts it into the terminal with ease.

He quickly notices that he needs to fill up the tube on the left to the right amount, which is highlighted by a red ring. He's got three tubes to work with in total, each of them with a different capacity. The one on the left has the highest, the one on the right the lowest. There's three buttons; the green button takes the liquid from the middle tube and dumps it into the right tube. The red button swaps the left and middle tube, while the blue button swaps the middle and right tube.