Tape 1 - Fool Me Once (Alt.)

alternative way of mc taking on the 'leon's apparently with umbrella' situation. she doesn't immediately confront him about it here like she does at the end of chapter 13. i'd recommend re-reading that one before reading this :D
(i'm also uploading this at 2 am so.
beware of errors.)

To say you're stressed out would be an understatement

You're moving out of the East Area with a million things running through your head. Your companion, crush, partner in crime, whatever the fuck he is to you, is apparently a big, fat liar.

It actually takes every ounce of self-preservation in your body, limited as it may be, to not burst out laughing. Because you've somehow managed to get fooled and manipulated by the enemy. He's not a fucking cop, he's an Umbrella agent. The agent sent to get the sample of the G-virus to bring it back to HQ to most likely do terrible things with it. He's with the fucking company that treats human beings like mere test subjects for their own selfish gain.

It's just great. Fantastic. Every time you think your night can't get any worse, the universe shows you it damn well can and most certainly will.

When you're walking behind him on the narrow bridge, the thought of pushing him off briefly crosses your mind. Then again, maybe he'd see it coming and somehow manage to throw you off instead.

But it doesn't matter if he would, because you've already arrived at the elevator. You watch him like a hawk, realizing he somehow snatched the ID wristband from your arm without you noticing, and you look back to the place you came from for a moment.

And you come to the horrifying conclusion that there's no way out. Even if you do manage to get rid of him, how the hell would you get out of here? You still have no damn idea where Sherry is either, and you can't leave this place without her.

"Let's go." Leon's voice snaps you out of your thoughts, and you feel like grimacing when he extends his hand for you to take.

God, what an idiot you've been tonight.

Trying to hide your disdain, you take his hand to make it seem like nothing's wrong. For now, all you can do is play him like he played you. He may not know it, but for now, you have the upper hand, and you have to keep it that way.

As you walk into the East Area, you keep thinking of how to handle the situation. You'd love to just yell at him and punch him until he at least loses a tooth, but you suppress the urge to do so.

But you just can't keep it to yourself, anger taking over your rational thinking — you just can't resist playing with fire. "I've been thinking, Leon."

"Have you now?"

"I just considered that, out of all the survivors we've come across tonight, maybe not all of them were honest."