Episode 12 - Tranquility Before Chaos

The room seems to be part of the Greenhouse

The room seems to be part of the Greenhouse. It's dark, not a light to be detected, vines covering the ceiling and the walls, and you put a fire round in your grenade launcher, because it really seems like there's a body hanging from the ceiling — which would not be the first tonight, as you remember the dead cop in the station's west hallway with all the open windows.

Leon takes a shot to see if it's alive — or undead, if you will — and the body falls to the floor, making this strange noise that makes the hairs on your arms stand upright.

It has a gaping maw for a mouth, which would be more than enough to bite your neck off, but the creature is really not that frightening compared to all the shit you've already dealt with. "I'm supposed to be scared of a fucking plant?" You ask rhetorically before launching a flame round, and said plant drops onto the floor, its body turned to ash.

"You're getting a little too good at this." Leon says, as he's genuinely impressed of the development of your capabilities throughout the night.

And it makes you beyond happy, even if you've been surrounded by nothing but blood and death for several hours now. "I know, right? You should watch out, I'm well on my way to beat you with my survival skills."

"I'm scared out of my mind now."

"As you should be, Kennedy."

"See my knees wobbling? That's how scared I am. I'm quaking, Doll."

"You're such an asshole."

He just scoffs with a cheeky smile, playfully pushing your arm. Ever since you've kissed, the tension between you has become more relaxed.

Almost as if you've known each other for much longer than just one night, which is something that makes you feel a little weird instantly. Just hours ago, you didn't even know who he was, he had no part of your life whatsoever, and now...

Well, what are you now? Of course you like him, you really like him. Are you in love with him? How should you even be able to tell? All you know is that you would love to be in a relationship with him.

Would he even want that? How are you supposed to know whether he wants something with you that's more than a sexual relationship?

What the hell will your life look like if you make it out of here? Just go back to college like nothing happened?

"We don't have all day, Pumpkin." He calls out to you after taking out another creature of the same kind, and you nod at him, shaking off your thoughts.

You enter what appears to be a control room of some kind. There's computers everywhere, a table in the middle of the room, as well as a control terminal with an overview of the Greenhouse. You're happy with the flash grenade you find, and Leon moves to stand in front of the terminal.