0.6

Tanner

"I'll see you soon." Christian said, taking his hat off and putting it on my head.

"You can have it." he said. I raised my eyebrows.

"Really?" I asked, and he nodded, holding up the hat Carson bought him.

"I have a new one anyway, figured I'd give this one to you." he said, pushing it down over my face. I laughed, shoving him away.

"Okay, okay enough with the mushiness. The roads are about to get bad outside, so could we please go now?" Michael asked rudely, and I rolled my eyes at him. Carson and Jack were in the living room teaching Andy how to play the game.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll see you at school, next year." Christian smiled at me, and I had to resist the urge to hit him because the year jokes were already starting.

"Not if I see you first. Merry Christmas." I said. He smiled, and leaned forward, kissing me softly on the cheek.

"Merry Christmas, Mancari."

And with that, him and Michael grabbed their jackets and left. I walked back into the living room and sighed heavily, throwing myself into the couch beside Jack, snuggling up to his side.

"You okay?" he asked. I nodded, smiling contently.

"Yeah, I am."

-

Thirty minutes later I was helping my mom cook dinner after my parents came home.

We were making my mom's special spaghetti when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it." I said, and set down the bowl of sauce. I jogged to the front door and unlocked it, opening it up. The cold air made me shiver.

"Oh." I said simply, when I saw a freezing Michael and Christian standing there, looking at me. I moved to the side, letting them walk in.

"I thought you had to go home?" I asked christian, and he nodded.

"Roads were blocked, so now we're back here. Dreadful etiquette, I apologize." he said, and I waved it off.

"Well, my mom and I are making dinner so if you want, you can stay I guess." I said.

"Tanner? Who was at the door?" my mom called out, and entered the hallway, smiling fondly when she saw who was standing in front of her.

"I haven't seen you two boys together in the longest time!" she exclaimed, engulfing Christian into a tight hug. He gasped, and chuckled soon after.

"It's nice to see you too, Mrs. Mancari." He greeted, and she pulled away.

"Would you like to stay for dinner? I'm making my spaghetti." she said.

"Oh, that would be great! Would you be okay with that?" Christian
asked, looking at her, eyes wide.

"Sure," She smiled, "Why not?"

They took their jackets off and my mom went back to the kitchen, and I joined them back on the couch.

"Where's Jack?" Christian asked.

"Upstairs in my room, taking a nap." I replied.

"I'm guessing he couldn't make it home, either?"

"Nah, he just likes to sleep in my bed sometimes. It's weird. He was gonna stay the night, anyway." I said.

"Ah."

-

After a very interesting dinner, we all relaxed back in the living room and are currently watching Dirty Dancing.

"I wish I had a Johnny Castle." I sighed, laying my head on Jack's shoulder.

"Me too man." Michael said. We all looked at him with questioning looks, and he shrugged.

"What? Who doesn't want a Johnny Castle?" he asked. We all laughed, and turned our attention back to the movie.

"Agreed."