3.9

Tanner

I was sitting on the living room floor, leaning back in between Christian's legs as he ran his fingers through my hair.

He, Andy, my dad, and I were relaxing on Christmas Eve watching Christmas movies. The one that was on is a classic: Santa Claus is Coming to Town.

In a corner of the living room, our Christmas tree was decorated, and presents were piled on each other beneath it.

Michael and Carson were on their way to see the Christmas Lights, which would start in about half an hour.

"I really wish this break would last forever." Andy said, sighing as she snuggled further into her blanket. We all nodded, agreeing silently.

"I want it to be over so i can send you devil children back to school." My dad chuckled. I picked up a pillow and tossed it at him.

"You know you miss us when we're gone."

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang, so I ran to open the door.

Standing in front of me was Jack and my mom, both holding grocery bags.

"I was coming over and I saw that your mom needed help bringing in groceries so I thought I'd help." He explained, letting out a puff of warm breath, which showed white in the cold air.

"Well, hello guys." I said, stepping out of the way so they could come in.

"I bought stuff to make homemade cookies. I thought we could make some since we haven't really done anything as a family in a while." My mom said, Andy and my dad cheered in reply.

-

After the cookies were made, we sent some home with Christian and Jack, as they left to go home to their families for Christmas.

"Merry Christmas, dork." Christian said softly, as he kissed me on the nose, and then lightly on the lips. I scrunched up my nose playfully at him. "I love you Christian."

Since Jack was Christian's ride home, Christian went to go wait in the car.

Jack walked up to me, pulling me into a warm hug.

"Merry Christmas, Buttercup." He whispered, pulling away.

"Wait! I have your gift." I said, jogging to the tree to grab a green-wrapped box, and jogged back, placing it in his hands.

He smiled brightly.

"You're possibly the best friend I could ask for." He said.

"I know." I joked, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"Just make sure that you open it first thing." I said.

He leaned forward quickly, then hesitated, and turned his head to place a soft kiss on my cheek.

"As you wish." He laughed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Merry Christmas, Jack, love ya."

"I love you too."