Chapter Forty Four

well it's been an eventful month hasn't it. sorry xx

Satey

For some reason losing consciousness wasn't helping my anxiety. My thoughts were haunted by Liam, and he appeared in my dreams. I slipped in and out of the waking world without consistency. I had no idea what day it was or how long I had been strung up. It had to have been at least a day by now; there was blood drying on my wrists from how badly the rope burnt my skin.

And I didn't know how long it had been since they had taken Liam away.

My throat was burning in thirst and my stomach felt like it was caving in on itself. I didn't know how much longer I could last.

Without Liam to keep me strong, to fight for me and with me, I was losing hope.

You could say I'd lost my will to live.

"Satey."

I jolted awake, almost crying out at the pain in my head and limbs.

I was in someone's arms.

"Satey."

My eyesight blurred as Harry came into view.

"Satey, can you hear me?"

Had I dreamed the whole thing?

I couldn't have. I could feel the painful indentations from the binds that had tied me up.

"Satey, you have to do something so I know you can hear me. Can you blink? Squeeze my arm? Anything."

Why was he whispering?

A slow glance around me showed we were still in whatever facility James had dragged me to.

It hit me like a ton of bricks.

I sat up, ignoring the pain shooting up my back, and gripped Harry's shoulder as hard as I could in desperation.

"Liam, you have to find Liam. He has him, you have to save him."

I didn't recognize my own voice, it was so hoarse.

"The others are getting him," Harry said gently. He was applying an ointment to my wrists and the relief was like none other. "The police are waiting for us to turn James in at the station."

I stared at the ceiling as Harry cleaned the dirt off my face with the end of his T-shirt. He was humming something softly, a tune I recognized but was too detached to place it.

"Satey, I want you to take this pill. It'll put you to sleep, you need rest."

"Where's Liam."

"He's on his way, they're on their way with him."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise, Satey, he'll be there when you wake up."

"Okay."

Harry placed the pill in my mouth, holding a water bottle to my lips to allow me to drink. He was humming again, and despite the dark room we were crouched in, it was cheerful and made me feel content.

"Where's Louis?" I whispered to him as I traced a tattoo on his neck with my finger, my deprived state turning my behavior almost naive.

"With the police," he hummed.

"I want to see him too."

"You will."

"I'm sorry I snuck out."

"It's okay."

"Okay."

There was another pause, filled with Harry's humming as my eyes started to close. Bright. That was the song.

"Is it over?"

"It's over."

~~~~~~
NOT THE END
~~~~~~