Chapter Nineteen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this isn't an update, Wattpad has been gliching

and this is still Chapter Nineteen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Satey

After spending the night crying myself to sleep because of his absence, I was definitely not expecting to wake up curled in Liam’s arms.

I pushed myself away from him, almost hoping he would wake, as soon as I discovered my face pressed flush to his chest.

It almost hurt, leaving his comforting warmth and scent behind, but the memory of his harsh words at me the night before kept me from returning to his side.

I turned back to look at him as I stood, his hands seeking to draw something to him after I left.  He slept with a worried expression, I noticed with a small smile, and his eyebrows turned up at the corners.  His hand groped about the empty bed until settling for my abandoned pillow.  Liam seemed to sigh in his sleep as he buried his face into the fluffy material he gripped tightly to his chest.

He was a great deal more vulnerable in his sleep than he was in the waking world.  It was easier to read his emotions by his expression while he slept.

A sense of sadness and dread settled into the bottom of my stomach as I watched Liam’s face soften as he inhaled deeply.

I knew he was bad for me.

Why did my heart ache for him?

I turned my back to him, unable to continue in watching the dark angel sleep.  I walked towards my door, picking up a stray sweatshirt from the floor.  I pulled it on over my head after I gently closed the door behind me.

Liam’s musky and sweet scent wafted up to my nostrils and I realized I had put on his sweatshirt and not mine.

I closed my eyes, swallowing hard, as waves of drastically opposite emotions fought each other in my brain.

I had to sit on the couch to avoid falling to the ground.

Liam.

Just the knowledge of his differing personalities was enough to make me collapse.

I was so confused.

His reputation was everything to him.  Intimidation helped him gain the upper hand before a fight even started.  I knew he didn’t care how he was i nthe ring, because he was built to destroy in there.  The fact that it didn't end was what scared me.

Liam fought everywhere.  Even in plain daylight, the living evidence being Craig.  Liam was violent to everyone.  Liam shut out everything.

Was I any different?

Would I end up like all those he’s hurt?

But why was he such a guardian angel with me?

It went against everything that his reputation said he was.  Instead of hurting me, he would go to any lengths to protect me.  He was sensitive, caring, and gentle.

Was it all a facade?

Who was the real Liam?

Was he really the violent person be became, or did his fighting just become his outer shell?

The thoughts whirring through my mind left me in a daze.

I brought my freezing hands up to rest over my mouth, blowing warm air over them as I bit at my nails.  I reached up and wiped away a tear that had escaped my eyes in my confusion.