Chapter Three

Satey

When I woke up the next morning, I could still feel the pressure of Liam's lips on mine. I didn't know why he kissed me and I didn't know what possessed me to be so obsessed with the idea.

He was bad for me.

I knew that.

But how could someone so violent be so heart-flutteringly romantic to just one single person?

I didn't really know him.

But I did at the same time. All the rumors... All the fights...

I shook myself.

I wasn't about to dwell on this.

I groaned and rolled to sit up. I had a massive headache. I didn't drink that enough last night to give me a hangover, but the stress and panic from my double dose of Liam Payne was enough for me to lose it.

The pounding on my door definitely did not help.

"Satey!" I could hear the yelling from my room.

"I'm coming!" I managed as I sleepily made it to the door.

When I opened it, Imogen rushed in, already talking.

"So, you're not interested in Liam, huh? You were secretly dating him all this time and you didn't even have the heart to tell me? When were you going to tell me?"

My eyes couldn't have been any wider when I turned to look at Imogen after closing the door. There was a long pause as she waited expectantly for me to say something.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You and Liam."

Words couldn't begin to describe my confusion. Imogen must've recognized the blankness on my face because she pulled out her phone and started scrolling through it.

"I-" I tried to say, but she held up her index finger and I snapped my mouth shut.

"What is this?" she asked, holding out her phone.

On the screen was a picture from last night. There was a girl with her arms pinned to her sides and a boy looming over her, their bodies barely brushing. His hand was caressing her cheek and they were kissing. Her eyes were wide open and terrified.

Liam's were not.

I took the phone out of her hand, "what the heck?"

"No, you can't ask questions. I get to ask the questions."

"I won't tell you anything until you tell me why you took this picture," I demanded.

"My drunk self is smart," Imogen explained proudly, "I knew that I would forget whatever happened in the morning, so I took a picture to ask you. Now, I know you weren't that drunk to go around throwing yourself on people like Liam Payne. So, tell me what's up."

I stared at her, "I don't even know what happened."

"Did he punch someone, or did he just kiss you?"

"He... scared off this drunk guy... told me to stay away from him.. and then kissed me."

Imogen raised an eyebrow, "I think you were drunk."

"I was not," I said firmly and handed her back her phone.

Then, another thought dawned on me.

"Why did you assume Liam and I were secretly dating?"