Chapter Nine

Satey

I stared at Liam, seeing the desperation in his eyes.

Did I want to trust him?

Yes.

Could I trust him?

I didn't know.

All of the things he said to me I truly wanted to believe. I wanted to think that he would fight for me and the he would never hurt me. I wanted to think that he was only violent for a reason. I wanted to think that reason was good and worth beating people up for.

He never said he wouldn't be violent around me.

That was where I was scared.

"I don't know, Liam," I finally voiced.

"Satey," he whispered, stepping close to me, "give me a chance."

"I want to," I whispered back, feeling the tears build up again, "I want to."

"Why won't you try?" his voice was injured.

I looked away, "I don't want to be hurt."

"How many times do I have to tell you I won't hurt you?"

"Until the rumors say you don't hurt people."

Liam took a step back, looking down.

"I never said I wouldn't hurt other people. That's just..." he ran a hand through his hair, "I can't... not fight. It's who I am."

"Liam," I found myself wanting to be in his strong arms, despite the dark topic we were discussing.

"I fight, Satey," his voice was exasperated, but still tentative towards me, "that's what I do. I fight and I hurt people, but I will never hurt you. Isn't that good enough for you?"

Before I could say anything, Liam stepped forward again, holding me by my shoulders and pressing his lips to mine, my eyes instantly fluttering shut with the sensation.

It wasn't like the ones I had experienced already with him.

It was gentle and sweet. His lips were slow against mine, brushing gently together, and I found myself kissing back. As his lips pressed together with mine, my arms finally found their way around his neck. My fingers wound themselves within his hair as his arms slid around my waist. We were drawing each other as close as we possibly could.

He drew his mouth away from mine, but kept our lips brushing against each other lightly.

"Satey," he breathed, his breath fanning over my mouth.

I took a breath, opening my eyes again.

"Okay," I whispered.

Liam leaned back to look into my eyes,

"What?" he asked, his voice was deep and throaty. He seemed to be taken aback.

"I'll go with you," I whispered.

"Satey," he protested gently, despite the begging that had been falling out of his pouting lips moments before, "I don't want you to-"

"Shh," I shushed him by initiating another kiss.

It was the first time I had kissed him and not the other way around. As our lips moved in sync, I couldn't help the doubts tugging at the back of my mind.

There was so much I still didn't know about Liam. I was still unsure about how unpredictable he was, both from stories and personal experience.

Liam never had someone dependent on him.

I would be, though.

Was that a risk I was willing to take?

As my tongue danced a gentle tango with Liam's, it was apparent that it was.

The thought that kept me going was the one that almost scared me the most.

Who would reach out to him, if not me?

I pulled back, looking into his deep eyes that were threateningly able to be drowned in. I rubbed my thumb along the side of his face. He sighed into my touch, closing his eyelids and depriving me of the beauty inside of their depths.

"Take me somewhere safe," I whispered.

"Always," he murmured.

When he linked his hand with mine was when I finally realized it.

Despite my fears and worries and doubts and everything in between, it was happening.

I was slowly beginning to fall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter, but

I really want the rest of the night

to be in Liam's POV :)

As always, Comment, Vote,

Fan, and SHARE!

(250 reads?? I love you guys!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~