Chapter Twenty

Liam

“Then I’m not afraid.”

As soon as the words were out of her mouth, my lips were on hers.

I pulled her closer to me, my fingers tugging at the bit of skin above her hips to press her intimate parts on mine.

The confidence in her tone had driven me crazy.

Her mouth parted as she gasped at my actions, a smirk forming on my lips against hers.  My tongue slid into her mouth, tangling itself with hers.  Her fingers slid up and tugged on my hair.

Her desire to be closer to me only egged me on.

My teeth nipped at her lip, pulling gently at the soft skin I was irritating with my ministrations.  Satey sagged against me as I continued to pleasure her mouth with mine.  I stumbled, slamming against her wall, as our lips coerced with passion.

My fingertips slid around her waist until they were resting in the dimples just above her bum.  I squeezed there, earning a squeal that was muffled by my mouth.

I pulled back for a second, resting my forehead on hers silently, listening to the sound of her breathless voice whispering my name.

I pressed my lips to hers, swallowing my name from her mouth, and placed a tender kiss there.  She was breathing hard, hot puffs that were fanning over my mouth.

I brushed my lips once with hers in a tease before closing my eyes.

“I want to show you something,” I whispered.

I wasn’t sure if she had heard it, her mouth remained parted before and after our lips brushed with my words.

“That didn’t…. turn out so well last time,” she said softly, her head dipping.

I grimaced, remembering the look of complete terror on her face when she saw me fighting Samuel.

So much had happened, that seemed a lifetime ago.

“Hey,” I whispered, tipping her chin up with one finger, “this time is different.”

Satey’s big blue eyes stared at me, no doubt searching my own eyes for the truth.

“I promise,” I murmured.

I held my breath as her gaze never left mine.

“Okay,” she whispered in return.

The mere breathless tone of her voice was almost enough for me to back out and take her then and there, but I knew that I had to do it.

She needed, well, I needed to prove myself to her.  And if opening up was it… She was worth it.

I had never opened up to anyone.  I was always hesitant and wary of people in general, if I wasn’t beating them up.  Satey was different.  Satey visited me in jail.  Satey stayed with me, knowing I couldn’t promise her any degree of a good life.

Satey cared.

She allowed me to take her hand and lead her to my car, her lips, that were red and puffy from my actions moments before, emitting an amused laugh as I opened the door for her, kissing her cheek.

“What a gentleman.  Should I prepare myself for the worst?”

I raised an eyebrow before raising a particular finger in her direction which she returned with sticking her tongue out.