Epilogue Part III

Satey

"Liam!" I shout from the upper level of our house.

"Yeah, babe?" he says back, and I jump at how close his voice is before turning and seeing him in the doorway. I had no idea he was there.

"Jesus, you scared me," I reprimand him as he steps towards me, chuckling softly.

"Sorry," he apologizes before pressing a kiss to my forehead. "What did you need?"

"Can you bring up Addie's old high chair from the storage room? Harry and Lou are bringing Rian tonight and I think it's too heavy for me."

"Sure," he says, "wouldn't want to strain you too hard."

Liam squats down to press a kiss to my swollen belly, placing his palms on either side.

"We've gotta take good care of your mommy," he whispers to the baby, and it doesn't matter that I've gone through his baby talk twice already, it melts my heart anyway. "So you can be a big strong baby girl."

"We won't know their gender until they're born, remember? Keeping it a surprise again."

"It's a girl," Liam tells me firmly as he stands up straight to pull me to him.

"How would Lucas feel having two baby sisters?" I ask him as I wrap my arms around his neck as best I can with my large stomach getting in the way. "I think it's a boy."

Liam scoffs. "Addie would be miserable with an older brother and a baby brother."

"I think she'd manage. She's pretty strong-willed for a two-year-old."

"Just like you."

I laugh. "Please do not compare my personality to a toddler's."

"You're essentially the same person."

"Stop it."

"You could pass as twins."

"Now you're just doing this to piss me off."

"Maybe."

I shut him up with a kiss and he laughs into my mouth before pecking it once, twice.

"Where did you want me to bring that high chair?" Liam asks as I lead him out of our room to the stairwell.

"Just in the kitchen is fine. I don't know if they're gonna feed Rian while the rest of us are eating or not."

Liam helps me off the last step before we walk into the kitchen where our two children are just finishing their snack.

"Alright, kiddos," Liam says loudly, clapping his hands, "who wants to go on an adventure deep down into," he lets his voice go deeper, "the storage room?"

Both children look up excitedly, their snack abandoned as they clamber out of their chairs to cling to their dad's legs squealing "me, me, me!"

Liam laughs maniacally before lifting Luke over his head to let the little one latch on to his shoulders and carries Addie with one hand around her waist.

"What about your snacks?" I call as Liam makes his way down the other flight of stairs.

"They'll be hungry after an adventure as big as this," Liam assures me in his booming "Adventurer" voice. "Don't wait up, m'lady, it is too dangerous for someone as pregnant as you."

I roll my eyes and chuckle, shaking my head at how good Liam is with our kids, as the sound of Liam's voice and the children's laughter disappear into the basement.