Chapter Thirty Three +

Liam

As I watched Satey talk to her brother, a happy smile plastered to her face, a smile drew itself across my own. I was proud of her. She had gone through a hell of a lot, and had heard a story not many knew or could handle knowing, and she was just as she was before, if not stronger.

She had gripped my hand as we drove back after Imogen called to tell us Sebastian was awake. Her fingers had gingerly traced invisible patterns into my skin that comforted me but caused my heart to flutter.

I hadn't ever felt this way, and the fact that my body was alive with passion towards someone so different from me was so surprising and not at all like how I... Was.
Before Satey.
She had changed me.
I had changed myself because of her, for her.

As if on cue, Harry's confused and stunned face staring at me quizzically broke me from my thoughts.

"What's got you smiling like that?" he asked.

"What?" I replied, turning to look at him.

He raised an eyebrow with a laugh. "You're an idiot, Liam."

"What?"

"You're crazy about her, aren't you?" he asked, turning to look through the glass at the beautiful girl that appeared in my dreams and haunted my nightmares.

I swallowed, the smile tugging at my lips again. "Yeah," I admitted softly, "yeah."

"Did you tell her?"

I nodded.

"How did she take it?"

"She's still here, isn't she?"

"I told you so."

I laughed. "I suppose you did."

Harry stared at me again, a toothy grin wide on his face.

"Quit looking at me like that, Jesus, what?"

"I like you now," he decided.

"Whoa, whoa," I teased, holding up my arms in defense, "I'm not about to cut in with what you and the Tommo have."

"Not like that, you dick," Harry scowled, shoving my shoulder. "I mean, I like how you are now. It's better than before, when you were so... so..."

"Dark?"

"Yeah, dark."

"You used to be like that too, you know, Haz," Louis piped up from the seat outside the room I hadn't noticed he was occupying.

"Yeah," Harry admitted with a small fond smile directed to his boyfriend as he pulled on Louis' hand and yanked him to a standing position until he was uncomfortably close to his side as Harry added dramatically, "but then I fell in love."

Louis' loud laughter was silenced by Harry's lips as he pressed a sloppy kiss to the shorter boy's open mouth.

"Jesus," I joked, throwing my arm up to avert my eyes, "I didn't need to see a sudden porno."

"Please," Harry snorted, biting Louis' ear, "if you want to see a real porno, Payno, just come by our flat any night of the week."

"Harry!" Louis shouted, his eyes widening as he slapped a hand over Harry's shameless mouth.

I cringed, shuddering at the thought, but began laughing with Harry at Louis' embarrassment. "I've missed you guys."

Louis agreed, blush still fresh on his cheeks as Harry doubled over with laughter.