Chapter Thirteen

Liam

It took every ounce of my brain power to not join Satey in her shower.  The temptation was very real as I heard the splash of the water and her light humming to an unknown tune.  The TV didn’t help any.  I found myself peeling my ears just to hear her while picturing what she looked like in my mind.

Her naked body as it pressed to mine.  Her lips moving furiously against my own.  Her hand wandering lower in innocent curiosity.  Her mouth parting as she emitted a moan when my hand gripped her bum.

Jesus.

My boxers became uncomfortably tight as I pictured the scene.

At this point, if it were anyone else, I would’ve forced my way in to take her, again, in the shower.

But this wasn’t just any drunken lay.

It was Satey.

More than anything, I wanted to make her feel good.  If she were any less innocent, she would let me.  But if she had less innocence, she wouldn’t be Satey.  And I wouldn’t be so intrigued by her.

It came to my attention that it was suddenly eerily silent in the bathroom.  The water was still running, but there was no sound of movement.  I frowned and furrowed my eyebrows.  I wanted to call out for Satey, but I didn’t know how she would react if she was absolutely fine.

The bloodcurdling scream followed by a large crash let me know she wasn’t.

I leaped up from the couch, clearing the coffee table in one bound.  I was over to the door in an instant, bursting through it.

“Satey?” I asked, unable to contain the panic in my voice.

I yanked back the shower curtain.

She was on the floor as if she had just fallen, with her knees drawn up to her chin.  She was sitting below the water, just letting it stream over her naked body as her eyes stared blankly at the wall.

I reached over her and turned the knob, shutting the water off.

“Satey?” I asked again, quieter this time.  Her emotionless stare was scaring me.  It was similar to the frightened and closed off one she had had the night before.

“I saw him,” her tiny voice whispered painfully, “like he was right there.”

She didn’t look at me as she spoke, only at the wall in front of her.  She looked like a twelve year old, small and frail and terrified.

“Satey,” I whispered, wanting to draw her from her dazed trance.

“He didn’t do anything... He just stood there and stared at me.”  She shuddered as the words came out of her mouth.

A small droplet of either tear or shower water dripped down her cheek as I reached over to her, taking her in my arms and lifting her naked body from the tub.

I tried not to think about her lack of clothing as I carried her back into her room.  Her body curled into my arms, her hands finding their way to my neck and wrapping around it.  I kept my eyes focused up, and not on her bare chest.  It was a feat when someone as sexy as Satey was naked in my arms.

When I set her on the bed, she curled up again, her arms wrapped around herself with her knees tucked up to her chin.

The sight of her naked form was enough to make the growing discomfort in my boxers worsen, causing me to have to adjust.

“Liam,” I heard her small voice whimper when I tried to hastily exit.

“Hm?” I replied, wincing at the idea of her discovering my problem.

“You’re not leaving, are you?”  Her small voice reminded me of that of a child.

“I was just...” I trailed off.

“Will you lay with me?” she begged in her injured voice.

‘If you would get some clothes on,’ I muttered to myself before voicing, “I”ll come in after you change, yeah?”

I saw her nod before I escaped her room, gently closing the door behind me.

I walked back to the couch and grabbed the remote, switching off the television.  Satey drove me insane with every aspect of herself; physically and emotionally.  How I managed to stay away from her as long as I did was beyond me.

‘People like us don’t belong with people like her.’

Samuel’s voice kept running through my mind.

I knew he was right.

I was bad for Satey, anyone could see that.

But Satey was good for me.

Was that enough?

“Liam,” her gentle voice pulled me from my thoughts as I looked up.

She was wearing pants that hugged her legs in all the right places and a sweatshirt that made her look small.

I took a few steps towards her until I was towering above her, her head tipped upward for her eyes to look into mine.

The brokenness reflected in their blue depths made something in my heart tug.

I reached up and brushed the pad of my thumb across her chilled cheek.  Leaning down, I pressed my lips to her in a light, comforting kiss.  It didn’t last long, but it was enough for me to let out the comforts that I kept in my mind in the gesture.

She gave a small, sad smile when she took my hand, leading me back into her bedroom.

Satey slid under the covers while I watched her from the edge.

I found myself wishing I could change my past so that I wouldn’t be who I was.  I wanted to be someone who had a life she would be okay with.  I wanted to be good for her.

But I wasn’t.

That didn’t seem to stop her as she pulled back to covers next to her before closing her eyes.  I slid into the spot next to her before just staring up at the ceiling.  Something my stomach came alive as I thought about how close she was to me.

She rolled over, curling into my side before heaving a sigh.  Her small hand rested itself on my chest, lightly fisting the fabric of my shirt below it.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered, almost too quiet for me to hear.

I wasn’t sure what Satey was apologizing for, specifically.  But I felt that it was for almost everything.

The tone in her quiet voice made it sound like she wasn’t just apologizing for freaking out on me, which wasn’t something she should be apologizing for, but for everything bad that had happened to me.

Maybe that was why she drove me crazy.

She cared.

My answer was to kiss the top of her head.

With Satey practically in my arms, her soft breath warming the skin of my side below the shirt, clinging to me as if I was the only thing keeping her from drowning.

It was when I looked down at her already lightly dozing form that I realized it.

In that moment, I knew.

If I hadn’t been already, I was a goner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took so long! I've been hecka busy.

But WOW! 850 reads!?!?!

Thats so awesome!

I love you guys!!! 

Remember toooo

Comment, Vote, Follow

Share, and Fan!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~