Epilogue Part I

this is gonna have switched pov's sometimes, AND it's in present tense now, sorry if it's confusing

ALSO, previously it was mentioned that Satey's Mom died, but I changed it to her dad to make this epilogue better, I fixed it in the chapter it was described in as well (Chapter 38) Sorry if that also confuses you.

P.s. I made the Epilogue THREE parts bc I love this story so much I don't want it to end no thanks.

~~

Satey

I glance at myself in the mirror, tucking the stray strands I see back into my hair. I give myself a smile, admiring how I look and having a moment to my own thoughts until the door crashes open without so much as a knock.

"Sebastian's here," Imogen bursts out, breathless from all the things I'm sure she has been butting her head into to make sure they're perfect.

"Am I allowed to come in?" I hear his voice call and I look at myself once more before turning towards the doorway, and I almost laugh because he's got his hand slapped over his eyes.

"It's not the brother seeing her that gives it bad luck, you dweeb," Samara says from her perch on the sofa.

"I didn't know if she wanted me to see her yet."

"Yeah," I say quietly and he eagerly pushes his way past Imogen.

He looks handsome; his lavender tie done just right, tuxedo pressed, and hair slicked back. The signature Andrews Man Smile is plastered to his face as he grins at me, looking me up and down.

"You look like Dad," I say immediately because it's true and he should be here and I miss him and I'm crying.

"Hey," Sebastian says, stepping over to where I'm standing so he can hug me as best he can. "He's here. He is. You know he wouldn't miss this for the world."

I nod with a hiccup as he wipes a tear away with his finger.

"No more crying," he insists, "this is a happy day."

"And I'm pretty sure, if you ruin your make up Imogen will have a conniption," Samara adds on as she kisses me on the cheek and mutters an I love you to the both of us before walking out of the room.

I laugh then, squeezing my brother again.

"You look beautiful, Satey," he tells me, "absolutely stunning."

"It's Mom's," I explain, looking down at it. "With my own little twist."

"Does she know?"

I shake my head. "She'll see it for the first time when everyone else does. She didn't get involved in anything because Imogen took over."

"Mom's literally gonna flip. Get the photographer to capture that."

I laugh, glad Sebastian was so good at getting rid of my nerves.

"We're lining up," Imogen announces into the room and, immediately, the butterflies return to their rampage in my stomach.

Sebastian walks to the door, turning to me when I'm not following him.

"You ready?" he asks, holding out his arm.

But I am not looking at him.

I am looking behind him, through the tiny circular window that overlooks the beach where the chairs and archway are. I am looking at the man standing beneath that archway with his hands crossed in front of him. I am looking at the man dressed in a tuxedo and lavender boutonnière as he mutters words to the officiant while craning his neck to look down the aisle.