Chapter Thirty

~~~~~~~~~~

Dedicated to Liamsgirl1993 because she loves this story so much :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Satey

The knock that came to the door was urgent, breaking our actions with a jolt. Liam lifted his face from mine and we both stared at the door, breath uneven.

"Satey," a familiar voice demanded, "Satey, it's Imogen, open the damn door it's important."

I cursed softly into Liam's ear as he withdrew his fingers from the aching apex between my thighs.

"Fuck," Liam muttered, clambering off of me, "you didn't tell me she was talking to you again."

"She wasn't, I replied tightly, "she even called and left me a message saying we wouldn't have to associate with each other at all because we would alternate weeks at work." I thought for a moment as I slipped my shirt back on. "Her exact words were 'I won't have to sit through your bullshit at work because we'll work one week at a time I'm first' all in one breath."

Liam raised an eyebrow as he ran a hand through the hair that I had tousled when I had gripped my fingers in it out of pleasure.

"Here," I whispered and reached up to smooth it down in less of a he-was-just-between-my-legs way as I stared into his eyes.

"Satey!" Imogen said, louder this time, pounding on the door harder, "I know you're fucking in here."

Liam stared at me, tracing a finger down the edge of my face. He leaned down, pressing his full lips to mine in a light kiss.

Imogen released a frustrated sound, but continued to bang on the door.

"You should probably get that," Liam mumbled against my lips, "she sounds mad as hell."

"That's why I don't want to."

"If you've got the Payne Train in there, he'll want to hear it too so open the fucking door."

That comment made me and Liam jerk a look towards the door.

"I'll get it," we chorused, but Liam was over to it in a few strides, slamming it open in a swift move, causing Imogen to lose her balance and topple into the room.

"What?" Liam demanded as I stood awkwardly in front of her while Imogen gained her balance.

"Craig's just been admitted to the hospital," she said bluntly.

From behind her, Liam cringed at the mention of his name.

"Why would I care about that?" I questioned, folding my arms across my chest.

"So has your brother."

That sunk a shard of glass into my heart. "Oh."

"And Paul Higgins. Doesn't your boyfriend know him?" she asked, jutting her head to where Liam had been standing, who was now palming her shoulders and forcing her to turn around.

"Why?" he managed to hiss between his teeth, jaw clamped tightly shut, "what is he doing in there?"

I didn't say anything, just stared at their encounter, my mind unable to process what was happening.

"I don't know," Imogen admitted in a smaller, less defensive voice, "all three of them are unconscious and the doctors won't tell me anything."

Liam looked above her, meeting my eyes. "We're going."

I didn't say anything still, my terrified gaze still locked on where Imogen had been looking at me when she broke the news.

What does Sebastian have anything to do with Craig and Paul?