Chapter Eleven

Liam

"You know we haven't eaten all day," Satey said, biting at her lip as if she was embarrassed to be bringing it up.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, even though we were at her place.

She nodded, her bangs falling in front of her eye, so she swiped them away.

"Nobody's stopping you from eating," I pointed out, raising an eyebrow.

A scowl adorned her pretty face as she said, "I don't want to be the only one eating."

"Why?" I pressed.

"It's just weird," she sighed, obviously annoyed by my questions.

"It's not weird to me," I said, just wanting to draw a snippy retort from her.

"Well, I'm not you, Liam," she snapped in exasperation.

I laughed with success. "I know, Satey.

I swooped her into a hug, but I couldn't help but feel the resistance she had against the embrace and current topic. I pulled her out at arms reach to look at her.

"You know how beautiful you are, don't you?"

She looked at her feet and I frowned. I tipped her face up with two fingers below her chin.

"Satey," I prompted.

"I guess," she finally said, shrugging.

"You are," I said softly but firmly, stepping close to her so my height towered over her small form, "so beautiful."

I trailed my finger from her chin down the front of her body, lingering on the curve of her breast. She flinched at the extended contact and I continued down until I was upon her hip. My hand gripped there, pulling her even closer to me.

"Your shape is beautiful," I said.

I stroked my other hand around her neck.

"Your skin is beautiful," I said.

My thumb made its way to her mouth, pulling lightly on her bottom lip.

"Don't even get me started on your lips," I whispered.

I lowered my face to hers, watching her eyes flutter closed as I pressed my lips to hers in a tease of a kiss. I lifted my mouth with a smile as she followed my retreat.

"They can do wondrous things," I murmured against her lips before I pressed them together again.

As we continued the gently passionate kiss, one of her hands found a way to wrap my neck. I had found that feeling her respond to me physically was one of the things I enjoyed about Satey. Just the simple act of her touching me while I kissed her was enough to set a fire inside of my body.

This same feeling did, however, scare me.

A person like me having an emotional connection with someone was always bad.

Especially for me.

I shoved these thoughts aside as I pushed my tongue between Satey's lips. Just as I did, though, she pulled away.

"Satey," I whined like an idiot before I could stop the words from coming out of my mouth. I contradicted my tone by standing up straighter; more manlier.

"Was that an excuse just to kiss me?" she asked, her voice quiet but amused.

"You are beautiful," I began, "but, yes."

She smiled with a small chuckle and a shake of her head.

I could believe that a few days ago, she would've been sidestepping me on the sidewalk. But, here she was, in my arms wearing my shirt. I didn't know what exactly she felt for me, I was only glad that she stayed, but I hoped it wasn't just because I made her feel safe.