Chapter Twenty Five

Satey

Liam hadn’t let me go since he kissed me.  He was always touching me in some sort of way or another.

Paul was driving us home, insisting that neither of us was fit to drive.  Liam hadn’t put up much of a protest when he suggested it, and I assumed it was because he had known what position we would’ve ended up in, in Paul’s car.

His hold on me was locked in the back seat; his arms wrapped tight around my waist as he nuzzled his face into my neck and pressed his lips there.

Liam seemed so calm despite the events that had happened earlier and the image of his frozen face in a panicked expression was burning in my memory, which was why I wasn’t melting under his gentle touch as I usually would have.

I couldn’t get the picture out of my head.

His brown eyes had been trained the the ceiling, staring up at the light with no light of his own.

He had been present, but he wasn’t with us. His muscles had flexed and relaxed every few seconds and he blinked, but other than that there had been no movement.

Paul had seemed calm about the whole thing as well, as if he had gone through the same thing over and over.

“Why does it happen?” I had asked him quietly, my eyes glancing to the father-like figure Liam was so fond of.

Paul had looked at me for a moment before his eyes flicked back to the unmoving person that we both cared about.

“That’s for him to tell,” he had replied softly, reaching out and rubbing a spot of blood away from Liam’s blemished, but perfect, skin.

With his lips planted firmly to my own heated flesh, it didn’t look like he would be telling me much of anything any time soon.

He didn’t meet my questioning eyes as Paul led us up the steps to his small duplex.  He hadn’t said a word to me other than whispering my name over and over and I was hesitant to say anteing to him; I was afraid he was so fragile he would break.

“Liam’s place is a mess,” Paul explained for him as we walked into the door, shooting an accusatory glare at Liam, who, of course, ignored it, “so you both can stay here for the night.”

I felt nearly uncomfortable with sleeping in Paul’s house, but all of my uneasiness dissipated as Liam pulled me into a room with a single dresser and bed in it and closed the door.

I hummed, only slightly in protest, as he pushed me against the wall with his hips, grinding into me,

His palms lifted to cup my cheeks as his lips were pressed hotly to mine, sweet kisses lowered to the already pampered skin.

“Are you alright?” he murmured against my mouth.

I nudged his lips with mine, “I should be asking you.”

He frowned before bringing our lips together again to silence me.

One hand moved from its previous position of warming my cheek to be placed above my head, bracing himself against the wall as his hips dug into mine.

I could feel his want growing as he kissed me, his tongue tangling with my own and teeth tugging at my lip.  My arms slipped up around his neck as my lips opened wider into the kiss.

I found comfort in the fact that Liam tasted familiar; sweetness filled to the brim with desire.

I felt his body tighten and something brushed the softness of my belly.  His hand left my cheek and trailed down to my waist, the other joining soon after to press ourselves even closer together.