CHAPTER 24

(A/N: note that they are speaking in Japanese here including [Name]) so I will use the standard letter while typing. The age of [Name] are stated here. We get to see [Name] flashback about her life.

-

"Idiot! Idiot! Why did you do that?!" Bloods covered the place. Bodies that were cutted by Muzan were splattered everywhere. Some building collapsed at the impact of Muzan and Demon slayer exchange attack.

Yet, both of them did not bothered. They did not bothered for the scenery that surrounding them. Both glances at each other eyes. Not missing any seconds.

"I'm sorry, I... I just wanted to save your brother." The young girl quietly muttered, fighting the urge to puke out blood.

Many bodies can be seen in their places and yet both of them are the only ones who are still alive. The man didn't respond, that's why the woman continued.

"I'm glad that you're okay, though.." [Name] smiled and tried to reach Shinazugawa's face but failed to do so because of how heavy her body felt while Sanemi holding her with both of his arms in order to support her.

"You should have worried for yourself first! You're the one who is more injured than me!" Sanemi shouted, trying to ease up the pain by rubbing her back.

"I'm just happy, you know? I got the chance to save you and your brother, Genya. He's such a cutie." [Name] smiled while remembering his blushing face.

[Name] remembered the first time she and Genya met, completely unexpected because he spotted [name] punching the air and laughing by herrself. [Name] even spotted that Genya was shaking that time because he was scared on how [name] are talking and laughing at yourself.

After a while, both of them become close to each other despite his shyness and unable to talk to women except to [Name]. [Name] didn't know if he got comfortable with her or he just didn't see her as a woman.

"You could have run away! I will even support you when you do that! You and Tokito are only at the age of fifteen and fourteen! Why didn't you!?" He can feel it. He can see how [Name] eyes lost their shine. How she was still trying to speak despite some of her organs probably not working anymore. How [Name] try to assure and smile at him even if she's the one who is in a lot of more pain.

"I just don't wanted to do it, you know?" [Name] paused. Coughing out more blood from her mouth. Her whole uniform alongside with the Haori that Sanemi threw on her body was covered with her blood. "I wanted to do my best..."

"And if I run away or pretend that demon d-didn't exist, I won't have any chance to meet any of you. It will make me more miserable living and acting naive for the rest of my life than me dying today."

"Then, why?! Why did you shield yourself against Genya?! Why did you take that hit instead of him receiving it?!" Sanemi can't help but to burst out his feelings.

[Name] is dying. She is dying in his arms and he can't do anything about it.

"I wanted both of you to make up your time. Both of you are still young. Lastly, I'm sure you love him too much." [Name] laughed, at first she felt incredibly irritated because of how Sanemi treated Genya like he is a dipshit and didn't deserve to live. However, after hearing the reason why he try to do that, she try to make both of them made up. It was completely hard though. She even experience getting hit by Sanemi because she receive the attack that was suppose to be by Genya. Of course, Sanemi felt bad that time that he even cook his favorite ohagi for her.

"You're really idiot! We are both older than you! Didn't you forget that Genya is sixteen while you're only fifteen?!" Sanemi shouted in which [Name] laughed. She completely forget about that because they are both acting childish sometimes. Nevertheless, the days they spend all together was definitely worth it.