Chapter 62: The Last Supper

Lewd meter: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A/N: me naming this chapter after a religious painting when it's full of nasty smut 😌 things are about to go down everyone, hope you're ready for the ride! No, I won't elaborate further 👀 enjoy!

Glossary:
mon amour - my love
mamour - the contraction of "mon amour", but it's considered really cheesy lol
Je t'aime - I love you

edit: hi guys! it was just brought to my attention that the smut part can be triggering and seen as sexual assault, so please keep that in mind while reading. It really didn't occur to me it could be seen that way because it's still Chat. I'm sorry if it has made anyone uncomfortable!

-----------

You panted as you ran through the tunnels. Your throat burned from screaming, from running. It got darker and you heard the sound of many wings flapping.

You sat up, feeling a scream stuck in your throat. The room was dark and silent around you; Luka must've gone to sleep already. You passed a hand over your face, wiping the sweat that clung to your skin. A blinking green light shone on the ground. You picked your pager up and held it close to your chest before turning around on the sofa and lying down again.

-----

"Did you send your painting to the contest?" Ms. Boucher asked, making a pang of annoyance course through you.

The classroom bustled with conversation as the students prepared to do their final presentation. Some whispered between themselves and glanced at the professor, but she didn't seem bothered by it.

You slowly turned to look at her, struggling to remain calm. "No, Marius destroyed it." The painting should've been restored after Ladybug used her power, but no one had been able to find it.

Ms. Boucher had the decency to look ashamed. "I'm so sorry. I never imagined Marius would be capable of doing something like that."

You almost let out a stunned laugh. She didn't know her son at all. "Do you have any idea where he is?"

She shook her head. "No, but I wish I did." She looked around as if eager to avoid your gaze. "Where's Adrien?"

"I..." You rubbed your eyes, trying to prevent tears from falling. "I think he's sick. Can we be the last ones to do the presentation? Maybe he'll feel better and show up."

"Of course." She smiled and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear. You noticed a large scratch on her hand, but you didn't have the energy to make small talk and ask if she was alright. Just looking at her reminded you of what Marius had done and that was enough to make your heart pound with fury.

You rolled your shoulders as you shuffled to your table. Your scarce sleep on the couch had been filled with nightmares, leaving you exhausted. It was just your luck that you had to deliver most of your projects on the same day. You had felt so empty and numb when you woke up that you had contemplated not coming to college at all, but now that the art contest plan had failed, you had to get the best grades you could. And Luka was right outside, so if the situation escalated and your emotions began to run amok, he'd be there for you.

Your gaze shifted to the Nine Muses, displayed side by side on the table. Luka had been a huge help in bringing them from Adrien's studio to the university.

The thought of the studio and its owner made you close your eyes and breathe deeply. All your other issues paled in comparison to the worry you felt. Adrien will be back soon , you told yourself. He might even appear to do the presentation with you. Even if he didn't want to talk to you, he was still a responsible student, right? He cared about his grades. You tried not to delve too deep into this reasoning, pretending not to see how weak it sounded.