Chapter 6: The Seine at Dusk

Five days after the incident, you were at the metro station. The police had taken your call surprisingly well. Apparently, finding yourself on top of a building was a common thing when Ladybug and Chat Noir fought villains. You shook your head as you entered the metro car. Your hand held on one of the bars as you put your backpack on the ground between your legs.

As the vehicle moved, you thought about how you hadn't seen the superheroes after what happened. Chat hadn't appeared at your place – maybe he was busy or just didn't want to talk about what happened, but you saw him on the news, fighting another villain. He seemed ok. Maybe a bit spacey, but ok nonetheless.

You couldn't say the same about yourself. Don't overthink my ass. Your grip on the bar tightened as the memory of his moans haunted you once again. Goddammit that cat boy. You had prepared yourself for his flirting, but that was just too much. And what if Ladybug was right and he was attracted to you?

As the Parisian streets passed quickly in front of your eyes, you remembered the nights you had spent looking at your bedroom's ceiling while thinking about it.

A sigh had passed you lips as you laid down on your bed. You knew the relationship between muse and artist was a delicate one. Sometimes when too much passion was involved or it went beyond the platonic, it could result in suffering for both parts, the connection between them being lost, or it could spark artistic creativity beyond expectations. But... You had turned your face to the side as a lonely car passed in the street under your window, your eyes following the lights that illuminated the walls momentarily. But some artists even produced the most beautiful artworks after having their heart torn apart.

A deeper sigh had left your lips. The point was: there was no saying what could happen. It was a wheel of possibilities, and you didn't know if you were ready for it.

After some more thinking and rolling around on your bed, you had decided to do your best to ignore his moans echoing in your mind and still try the platonic relationship.

Maybe Ladybug is wrong after all and all of this is just a misunderstanding, you had thought hopefully, but you couldn't know for sure.

Ladybug was right about something. You'd have to ask the cat boy to know the truth. It was the only way.

As the metro stopped in another station, you glanced down at your backpack, thinking about the sketchbook that was in it. Pages and pages were now filled with drawings of Chat, as drawing was the only way you found to silence your thoughts. You could never let Marinette see some of your sketches or you'd definitely be considered one of his hardcore fans. Not the number one, but close to it.

You scoffed and looked up. Whatever. He was your muse after all, even if you did your best not to think about him in that way, and it was normal for you to think about him with frequency.

Right?

Your question remained unanswered as the metro stopped once again and you got off. It was early in the evening, with the sun almost setting as you made your way through the busy streets to the Seine River. You weren't going home today. You had finally delivered your projects at the University, and could relax a little. And as you needed to get your mind off of things, you accepted Marinette's invitation to a picnic with other art students near the river. You weren't sure if 'picnic' was the right word, as food was the least of the worries of the people there, alcohol and cigarettes being the main one, but you went anyway.

After arriving and greeting Marinette and Alya, you spent sometime near the river, watching the boats filled with tourists pass by and waving at them. A funny guy in one even yelled 'Bonjour!' at you. Your friends kept you company, but you also talked to other people, especially with exchange students like yourself, sharing your experiences and difficulties of living alone in the city.