Chapter 18: The Nightmare

Author's Note:

Hello everyone! I've been quite busy in the past few months and I kinda forgot to update the story here on Wattpad, sorry about that. I hope you enjoy the next chapters!

----

The Champ de Mars, the large green field behind the Eiffel Tower, was brimming with people, all excited to celebrate the New Year around the Parisian icon. Even with the merciless cold wind, laughter and chatter could be heard everywhere, but they all transformed into terrified screams the moment the teacher's feet touched the grass.

Still immobile on his shoulder and with only your eyes being able to move, you saw him create those smoke words that he used on you and throw them at people. The words consisted mostly of pain, and soon the crowd began to disperse, trying to run away in panic. Some succeeded, but others fell to the ground in agony.

The man laughed and you'd have contorted your face in disgust if you could. For a moment you could've sworn you were able to move your head a little, but the sensation was gone far too soon when the man began to jump.

With quick hops he was only able to perform because he was akumatized, the villain carried you with ease to the first level of the Eiffel Tower. He expelled the people who were there with his smoke words, making workers and a group of entertainers that would do the countdown for the New Year flee as quick as they could. They left behind their microphones and cameras in their hurry.

The teacher let you down on the glass floor like you were nothing more than a dead weight, and you let out a hiss as your right shoulder hit the hard surface. Your eyes widened at that, ignoring for a moment the pain spreading to your arm. You could almost use your voice again.

"Now be a good student and wait for the other delinquents to arrive." He laughed and kicked one of the glass protection walls, making glass shards fly everywhere. He didn't seem to notice your small regain of control. "I'll start the class."

He began to whisper and throw the smoke words at people down at the Champ de Mars as he cackled, obviously having fun with the madness and chaos. Each time he used his magic, you could feel an ounce of force come back to your body. It seemed like the teacher didn't know about the limitations of his power.

You glanced at a glass shard near you. You just needed to regain enough control of your arm to be able to reach it. Gathering your force, you tried to move, but to no avail. Sighing internally, you closed your eyes for a moment feeling completely powerless. Well, you could scratch 'being kidnapped by a villain' off your bingo game of 'being in a sort of relationship with a superhero'.

A sudden noise made you open your eyes again. The glass floor under you let you see what was happening down there: people doubling over the grass in pain, families running away in the midst of chaos, a mother carrying a crying child in her arms. It hurt to look at it. You wanted to help those people escape, but first you had to help yourself escape, and at the moment even breathing was hard.

It was when the teacher gave another loud laugh that you felt it. You could move your arm. Adrenaline rushed through your veins as you prepared to act.

Glancing at the mad man, you made sure he wasn't paying attention to you and moved your arm until your fingers wrapped around the glass shard. You brought it back to your body as fast as you could and bit your lip when pain shot through you. The spell had weakened, but it was still working.

You were divided between trying to escape and attacking the teacher from the back when the sounds of a commotion reached your ears. People began to cheer and that could only mean one thing. You turned your head to look through the glass and smiled in relief as Ladybug and Chat Noir landed on the green field in front of the akumatized villain.