One

Third Person

It has been months since she sent off half a dozen of letters. No response yet. It made her overthink of all the possibilities that happened. Maybe it was due to the courier? Maybe it got stuck in the office? Maybe he changed locations?

All maybe's and nothing was sure.

Rachel has been a friend, a best friend even. She was there to cheer her up whenever she remembered Greggy on small little details like his favorite coffee, his favorite bread, the way they share their ice cream together as she couldn't finish it.

And, it was better to have someone share a glass of ice cream with.

"Wag ka na ngang mag-drama diyan, Rene." Rachel said as she tugged her arm. "Come on, may ipapakilala ako." Irene groaned and decided to get up from her bed. "Sino ba yan? Boyfriend mo?" She made a face.

Rachel chuckled, "Gâgá! Pinsan ko." Irene then raised an eyebrow, "Ay, talaga." Rachel nodded and tugged her arm. "Lika na! We're going to go to an art gallery daw. Kilala niya yung creator, so let's go!"

"Okay, okay! Teka nga!" Irene laughed.

༻✧༺

"Papa, how many times have I told you that I have Irene?" Greggy half-shouted, not wanting to offend his father.

Luis sighed, "Anak, alam ko... You know I could just give this up kasi we have the means to survive for decades. But remember, we have more than 10,000 employees nationwide. Hindi lang tayo ang apektado dito, sila rin."

That's the hard part of being good. You have to think of others first before yourself.

He sighed heavily, sitting in fron of his father, his elbows resting on his thighs as he clasped his hands together and placed his chin on his thumbs. "So? Marriage for Business?" He frowned.

"You just have to make it believable in public." His father cleared his throat. "God, I can't believe this." Greggy cursed. "Paano na lang si Irene?" He added, looking at his father. "Hindi ba kayo nagsusulat sa isa't isa?"

He shook his head, "It's been 4 months since she went to London, pa. Wala pa akong natanggap, I even wrote to her, wala pa ring response." He sighed, leaning back on the chair.

"I'm sorry to do this to you, Greg." His father looked at him, sadly. "I can't let the hard work of my great great great grand father go to waste, could I?" Greggy sighed, not looking at his father.

"I'll try to contact the post office if they've received any letters from Irene. I'll let you know." His father assured him and he just nodded. Not like it mattered now, he was getting married to a total stranger.

༻✧༺

Irene spent most of her time with her books and coffee. She wanted to distract herself from the constant reminder that Greggy never wrote back. She wanted to hate him but she couldn't. Maybe there were reasons, maybe there were problems.

"Ano answer neto, Rene?" Rachel poked her making her snap back into reality. "Huh? Anong number?" She looked at Rachel from her desk. "83." Rachel informed. Her eyes widened and she frowned, "Wala pa nga ako diyan eh!"

Rachel roller her eyes at her, "Oh, kung hindi ka nagtutumanga diyan eh sana tapos na tayo dito." She scolded Irene, making her face flush deep red.