Seventeen

Third Person

"Xabby...Xab..." Irene sobbed and murmured at herself, Greggy's arms enveloping her, stroking her back. He was also mourning, but he wanted to stand strong for Irene.

"Tama na 'yan, Moli..." Greggy sniffed, wiping the tears that rolled down his cheeks. "Umuulan ba sa buwan?" He looked at her.

Irene found his eyes, frowned, and shook her head no. Greggy smiled at her even through his tears and kissed her forehead, "Tahan na..."

It was hard losing someone who became a big part of their lives. Irene just spent a little time with Xab but she captured her heart. And God knows how much it affected her as Xab wanted to become someone who could help the kids like her, someday.

But that someday is long gone just as she is. She was so full of hopes and dreams, and all of it was crushed overnight.

Greggy hugged Irene tighter, letting her bury her face in his chest, crying, sobbing. "She's in a better place na... Somewhere where she isn't hurting." He whispered into her ears. She just nodded, unwilling to say something.

They were watching far behind the parents of Xab, saying their last goodbye's before she'll be taken out. Elena entered the room and placed a hand on Greggy's shoulder, they shared a knowing look before he informed Irene that Elena was here.

She nodded and wiped her tears away, "Len..." Her voice cracked. "Rene... Come here..." She pulled her into a tight embrace, comforting her friend who just lost someone special.

"It's gonna be alright... Xab's not going to experience more pain na..." Irene nodded, her eyes still weary from crying her soul out.

༻✧༺

A month after Xab's burial took place, Irene and Greggy became closer and more intimate with each other. They still have their afternoon dates (coffee and cheesecakes), and still have that certain spark.

Greggy seemed to be busier now as their subdivision project was approved and he needed to be on the site. So their afternoon dates were sometimes moved, making Irene quite tampo.

Thankfully, Irene was able to rent a condominium as she didn't want to keep on disturbing her parents and the household maids whenever she arrives from work late.

She was sitting alone at her desk, a glass of wine in hand, watching an old film. An Affair to Remember. Starring her all-time crush, Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr. It was one of her comfort films.

Their afternoon coffee and the cheesecake were postponed - yet again - because Greggy was called in an emergency at the site. She knows how important his job is, but she still feels a little tampo towards him as this already happened before.

She was close to tears while watching when a notification chimed on her phone. She tapped the screen and the light from her phone illuminated her face. She checked to see the notification and frowned as she saw who it was from.

 She checked to see the notification and frowned as she saw who it was from