Twenty One

Third Person

There she was, waiting for the damn person to arrive, sitting alone on a table for two with a cup of coffee untouched on top of the table.

"Miss Marcos?" A deep, husky voice made her head shot up. She stared at him. Familiar face but no one popped into her mind on who he was.

He sat in front of her. A brown envelope in hand.

"Let's get this over with. I still have a lot of patients." Her eyes glued to the man, her voice cold as ice. The man snickered and smirked, "I was sent by your father. To look for you and give you these." He slid the envelope towards Irene.

"What are these?" She hardened her jaw and looked at the envelope. "Check it yourself."

Her hands grabbed the envelope, slowly opening the flap and releasing the papers. Her eyes wandered through the words of the documents, reading each line carefully. Her eyebrows met as she read Certificate of Marriage.

Reading the boxes, reading the tables, reading every letter written.

Gregorio Ma. Araneta III
&
Lorraine Ileana Tan
November 30, 2021

Her eyes were glued on their names. Re-reading it thinking that the words would change. Re-reading it to see if it was really true.

And it was. Maybe.

The certificate was on her hands. But. She didn't believe. There's no pictures. She knows Greggy won't do this to her. He can't do that.

"I don't believe this." She stammered while going through the pages. It was all there. The certificate, the documents, everything but pictures.

The man looked at Irene and smirked, "Greggy, Lorraine, Greggy's mom and dad, and Lorraine's mom and dad are the only ones present." He leaned back. "I'm Emilio, Milo for short."

Irene's eyebrows met again and frowned, "How sure are you that I'll believe you? Hindi nga kami nag-away ni Greggy."

He shrugged. "It's your choice. Two days after you came back here, they got married in a private civil wedding. They went to Taguig, let the mayor officiate the wedding and let him sign a NDA." He smiled.

She slammed the papers on the table and glared at him. "If you're only here to make us fall apart, well you're wrong. I know Greggy won't do that to me." Before she could walk away, Milo was quick enough to grab her wrist.

"Watch the Philippine news tomorrow. Timezone sucks but you'll see then." She pulled her hand in force, glared at him, and continued to walk away with her hands balled into fists.

༻✧༺

Irene bombarded Greggy with messages, hoping that he would answer. It was already half past 6 in London, so it might be 2:30 in the morning there. Expected that he would be asleep.

Her heart felt heavy and her tears began to form. She typed in her messages, hoping for a reply from him.

 She typed in her messages, hoping for a reply from him