Nineteen

Third Person

Greggy and Irene went to visit Xab's grave, it has been 4 months since she passed.

"Hello, Xabby..." Irene placed the basket of flowers, peonies, and her favorites. Greggy smiled and bent down, "We're back again, Xabby. We miss you tons." Her voice cracked.

Greggy exhaled and looped his arms on Irene's shoulder. "We miss you, Xabby..." He smiled.

"Hope you're happy... Wherever you are." Irene smiled before looking at Greggy. "Because you made us very happy, Xab."

"Thanks to you napa-amin ko Tita Tiny mo..." He chuckled. A gush of wind washed their face, "Ui, Xabby! Wag ka namang manakot diyan." Greggy jested making Irene laugh.

"Your Tito Regy is still a scaredy cat, Xabby." She teased. "We love you, Xabby! We'll never forget you." She laid her head on his shoulder as they stared at the engraved letters on the stone,

Xabreena Agathe Araneta-Uy
July 25, 2014 - October 20, 2021
The sunshine of our lives.

They enjoyed their afternoon telling Xabby what they'd done. Even when they knew she has gone, they knew her presence was still within them. Listening to their stories, and well, their day-to-day drama.

༻✧༺

Greggy has come back to being the busiest architect in the Philippines. And in their smooth sailing relationship, they knew something hard will come by to test them.

Irene was now left alone at her desk, the only thing she came back was to cure Xab, which she obviously didn't. There she thought what was next for her? Is she going back to London? Of course, she has unfinished matters there and it would be rude to just not show up there over again.

But what about Greggy? She dug her head into her hands, a headache coming from thinking too much. She sighed and bit her lip, how on Earth could I possibly tell him that? She thought.

His life was here. Hers was there. She just can't drop everything and stay here with him. She has a responsibility. Rachel has been texting her when she'll come back as her work in the Philippines was done.

She grabbed her phone and began to type a message to Greggy.

She waited for his reply, minutes came by and there were still none

She waited for his reply, minutes came by and there were still none. So, to kill time, she started to clean her room and her closet. As she was cleaning and organizing, she found the treasure box and key again.

She smiled at it and placed it on her desk, opening it once again. Her hands stroked through the envelopes before she got them out one by one. As she took the letters out, a shiny piece of band grabbed her attention. It was sitting at the bottom of the treasure box.