Twenty Three

Third Person

"Irene!" Bongbong shouted as he hurriedly walked towards them, "Milo, salamat sa pag accompany ni Irene..." He smiled and handed his hand, Milo accepted it and they shook hands.

"Of course, Bong." Irene looked at both of them and wondered why was her older brother here, "Bakit ka nandito?" She asked.

Bongbong chuckled, "Sabi ni Manang wala sila mommy sa bahay... May convention daw na sinalihan so punta ka na lang daw muna kila Manang. Wala naman si Tommy since kasama siya nung convention na yun..." He explained.

Irene just nodded, "Okay." She turned away but then turned at him again, "Kung 'yan lang naman pala sasabihin mo sana tinext mo na lang, kuya?"

Bongbong shrugged, "I'm at Café Racer rin naman eh... Kaya pinuntuhan ko nalang kayo. Buti naman at naabutan ko pa kayo..." Milo just looked at the two siblings interacting, a small smile on his face.

"Sige na, balik na ako." Bongbong looked at Milo, "Mil, pakihatid si Irene ha?" He smiled.

Milo nodded, "Sure. Walang problema yan..."

And with that, Irene went inside the passenger seat as Milo closed the door. Bongbong and Milo waved at each other before both went separate ways. Milo on the driver's seat and Bongbong to his car.

"Do you mind if I play some music?" Irene asked as she turned on the radio. "I don't mind... May Bluetooth, you can share your playlist... Malayo-layo pa naman yung bahay ng ate mo."

Irene frowned and looked at him, "You've been there?"

He nodded and smiled, "I've been." He said, without any other details. Irene would just have to ask her sister why as he wasn't planning on spilling some other information.

She tapped the head unit of the car and successfully paired her phone with it. She scrolled through her playlist and decided to go on with some good old songs from the past.

Rainy Days and Mondays by Carpenters began to serenade the car. Irene hummed down the tune of the song. As though the universe decided to play along, raindrops began to pour.

She chuckled on her own as she realized something, this made Milo glance at her. "What's funny?" He asked.

She shook her head, smiling, "Wala... Just realized that it's a Monday and it's practically raining..." Milo let out a brief laugh. "Well, whoever's in charge is clearly playing along..."

"Hanging around, nothing to do but frown
Rainy Days and Mondays always gets me down..."

Karen Carpenter's soft voice sang, Irene heaved a sigh and looked out of the window. Thoughts of Greggy began to swarm into her mind as the melancholic music continued.

What really was the reason... She thought, unconsciously playing with the ring that was still on her finger. She gulped down and looked at it, she still wasn't ready to let go of that. She still has to listen to Greggy.

"Hey, you okay?" She heard him ask so she turned her gaze to him and smiled, "Yeah... Yeah, I'm fine..." Milo glanced at her and to the road again, "Hmm... Okay..."

She turned her face back to the window and watched as the cars passed by and just enjoyed watching the scenery outside.

It worsen when Love Me For What I Am by Carpenters played next. A sad smile tugged the corners of her lips and she stared out the window.

"We fell in love, on the first night that we met
Together we've been happy, I had very few regrets."

Milo kept stealing glances at her, he knew that she was thinking about Greggy again and it saddened him that Irene had to go through all those stuff. He bit his lip, wanting to start a conversation. He wasn't someone who wants to have small talks and the like, but somehow, he knew Irene needed someone to talk to.