Twenty

Third Person

Irene smiled, slipped her phone back into her handbag, got her baggage from the claiming center, and begin to go outside of the airport

Irene smiled, slipped her phone back into her handbag, got her baggage from the claiming center, and begin to go outside of the airport. She was waiting for Rachel to roll down.

She checked her watch that was already been changed to the London timezone. 'Nasaan na kaya 'to si Rachel.' She frowned.

Bright headlights then blinked at her making her squint her eyes. A man then climbed down from the driver's seat and grinned at Irene. "Welcome back, Rene." He smiled.

"Migs! Nasaan si Rachel?" They both hugged. Miguel withdrew from the embrace and smiled, "They're at home. Dun ka daw muna since meron kaming surprise and announcement sa'yo..." Irene giggled and shook her head.

"Oh siya... Sige, sige..." She smiled and they both placed her bags inside her car. As they both arranged the bags, Miguel held out the passenger seat door for her and she slipped in.

The drive to Rachel's house was filled with laughter and catching up. Miguel parked his car in front of Rachel's entrance. They both went inside and went directly to the living room.

"Irene!" Rachel exclaimed, her face beaming as she saw her friend. "Hi, Chel!" She giggled as her friends enveloped her in a tight embrace.

"Ba 'yan parang hindi nagkita for years!" Miguel joked, causing Rachel to glare at him. Irene noticed a woman sitting, her back facing them. She looked at Rachel and pursed her lips, pointing at the woman.

Rachel then turned her head to Miguel and smiled. "Bakit?" Irene whispered.

Miguel then went to the woman, kissed her forehead, and smiled. "Rene... Si Lorene... My fiancée." The woman stood up, turned around, and smiled.

But to Irene's surprise, she knew who that woman is. And her name is not Lorene. The shock was evident on Irene's face, making Miguel, Lorene, and Rachel question.

"Bakit?" Rachel whispered, leaning into Irene.

She then pointed to Lorene, "A...ah wala... Parang may kamukha lang..." She giggled, nervously. "May kilala ka bang Lorraine? Kamukha mo kasi..." She smiled.

Lorene chuckled, "Yes... My twin sister." She smiled back. Irene laughed at herself, "Ayan pala. Kaya naman you have the same face."

"Magkilala kayo?" Miguel cocked his head to the side before looking at his fiancée questioningly. "Well... I know Lorraine pero hindi ko alam na may kambal pala."

Lorene smiled, "I heard of you from Lorraine." Irene raised both her eyebrows, amused, "All good, I hope." They both chuckled, "Yes. Sabi niya wag mo na daw pakawalan si Greggy."

"Right... Hindi na..." Irene giggled.

༻✧༺