Eleven

Third Person

"Hello? Hello?" Her phone was on her ear, half-asleep.

"Rene, I'm sorry to wake you up at this hour pero kasi... si Xab, she's having a hard time breathing and ang taas ng fever... She doesn't want to eat nga rin eh..." Panic was evident in Patricia's voice, Irene checked the time and it was still 3:29 am.

She bit her lip, "Pupunta ako diyan, okay lang ba? Need ko rin siya i-observe..." She said, getting out of bed and picking out some shirts and jeans.

"Yeah, yeah. Thank you, Rene. Just go inside directly...See you." Patricia said, her voice shaking. "I'll get there as soon as I can, ate..." She said as she went out of her house and climbed into her car to drive to Patty's house.

She drove over as fast as she could, thankfully there were just a few cars around that hour. She got her belongings and went inside Patricia's house just as she said, pulling out her phone.

༻✧༺

Greggy was finishing up his project, just a few finishing touches. He was designing a new subdivision to be built next year. Here he was, in his basement, putting up some miniature trees for his miniature subdivision project.

He narrowed his eyes as he thought about where to put the tree when his phone tinged.

He frowned at the news, placing the small tree on the top of his study table, he then grabbed his phone to reply

He turned his phone off and decided to sleep in. He climbed up the stairs, to his bedroom and slumped on his bed. He tapped on his phone again to see if Irene has already replied, but to no surprise, she haven't. She's busy tending Xab... He thought as he closed his eyes.

༻✧༺

"Xabby... Hey, it's Tita Riny... Can you drink this one for me?" She smiled at the child. She tried her best not to show any emotions that could worsen Xab's case. The child lost some weight and became paler.

Irene was already notified that the tests were out and that she was asked to get them at the center. She was planning on going to the hospital after she checks up on Xab.