Sixteen

Third Person

Greggy dropped Irene off on her parent's house as Irene was too sleepy to drive. Her car was in the hospital's basement parking. He insisted to driver her as it would be too dangerous if he would let her.

As Irene waved at Greggy, she turned around to see her father at the foot of their main door. She smiled at him, "Hello, daddy..."

Ferdinand smiled at his youngest and offered her a hug, "Can I hug you?" He smiled, opening his arms.

"Of course, dad." She giggled and threw her arms around her father. Irene looked at her father's face as they broke apart from each other's embrace.

"Sino nag-hatid sa'yo? Nasaan ba kotse mo?" His father followed her as she walked inside their house. Irene smiled, "Si Greggy... Remember him?"

Ferdinand just nodded, "Mhmm, of course..." Double meaning. "Hmm? What do you mean of course?" She cocked her head to the side, wanting to know what her dad really meant.

"An Araneta, right? The architect tycoon." He smiled, Irene just nodded slowly. "Mhmm?" She hummed, hesitantly.

"Your mother used to date Luis." He dropped. Irene's eyes widened, "WHAT?!?" She exclaimed. Ferdinand chuckled and lifted his index finger and pressed it towards his lips, signaling her to keep quiet.

"What?" She repeated, now in a normal voice. "Yep. Luis courted your mother before me."

Well... Just how fate goes... Irene thought.

"But don't let it bother you... Let bygones by bygones..." Ferdinand kissed his daughter's head and smiled. "Goodnight, love."

Irene nodded and smiled, "Goodnight, dad. Say goodnight to mom for me..." She smiled as tracked her steps upstairs to her bedroom.

She closed the door behind her and breathed out of her mouth. I'm so tired, she frowned as she stretched her arms. She went inside her closet and just got what she could reach and changed directly. She then plumped herself on her bed and closed her eyes.

But as she was about to really doze off, a message chimed on her phone. She groaned and reached for her phone out of her bag.

She opened one eye and read the message. "Hi, babe" Her face scrunched, opened both her eyes and typed in her response.

 "Hi, babe" Her face scrunched, opened both her eyes and typed in her response