ꔣ 02

"and since we couldnt do anything about it your highness, i dont want to do this but we, i dont have a choice but to.. to be the one who choose an alpha and the one you should marry, for you."

"w-what?"

the prince mouth left ajar as the same with his both eyes while staring dumbfoundedly at his father, the king of korea in front of him. he wanted to utter some words to argue about what he had heard from his father, but he couldn't as his jaw felt like it got locked the same as how he felt like he had been deaf that he couldn't hear anything but his own heart beat and even the way he couldn't see anything but his father. 

he tried to swallowed hard to get back to himself and finally argue with his father, but even before he could do such.. his father, his majesty already spoke up again, not letting him argue and complain.

"i know what you are thinking and i know what you wanted to say, but this is all that i could think the best." king joohyeon heave a sighed as he tried to smile in front of his son, tryna lifting up the atmosphere. "im not doing this for my personal wants, im doing this for this future's nation.. for you, for your future."

"b-but i wont be the one who would have the throne after you! it was sister!" 

"your sister or not, the future depends on you the moment i would stepped out as the king. you are the prince of this nation, your highness. and you know you are more capable of the throne more than your sister is."

seokmin shook his head slowly as his both eyes started to filled with water and he was feeling that lump inside his throat. but despite of that, he tried so hard not to shed tears and control his emotions. hearing himself raising his voice to his father is all thats enough, he doesn't want to do more than that not because he is the prince, but because he was respecting his father, the king of this nation. 

well.. he had been expecting this one to happen. his friends, jeonghan, jihoon and others even his sister had been informing him about this matter. but he never expected that it would really came out this way. he was expecting he would be mated with the alpha he wants, with the alpha of his type, and the alpha he love. call him desperate or what.. but he was confident, he was confident that his father can do something.. but it turned out like this. 

like this.. the king was the one choosing the alpha for him and the one who he should marry. for the future, for the future of this nation. 

"you will be marrying the son of one of my closest friends, the finest businessman. and you will expect to meet them, him, the day after tomorrow."

prince seokmin's head was occupied with the words, the decisions and what would happen that he heard coming from his fathers mouth that he was thinking how would it looked like in the future.. in the future, marrying the man he just met, forcing himself to some strangers his father choose for him and tying a knot, ruling the nation and having him as his husband whom he doesn't even loved. whom he doesn't even want. 

but who he is to even complain and argue? it is an order from the his majesty, from the king if this nation, from his father. and no matter how he was part of a royal family, entitled as the prince of korea, still, he needs to follow what the king wanted him to do. 

"why are you frowning, prince lee seokmin of korea?" 

seokmin's head automatically jerked on the side of his room after hearing a very familiar voice of a man.. or more of a guy, and a prince. and once their eyes met, seokmin's mood suddenly light up as the latter stood up to greet the prince with a sweet wide smile plastered on his face. showing enough to the latter prince that he was very dearly happy to see him once again. 

"prince xu minghao of china!" 

the prince of china giggled as he welcomed the sokor's prince whose screaming in surprise and happiness, in a tight yet very warm hugs. both of them shared hugs with each other and was even jumping a little like a kid themselves and the moment prince seokmin had freed the hug, the very kind and sweet that he is, he cupped the china's prince as eyes turned into worried one, melting every person in this worlds hearts melt. it is his charm, by the way. 

they talked... prince seokmin couldn't stop himself from asking the prince of china every details of what happened while they were away. oh well, the latter prince had to go back to his own palace for he is needed at the very important occasion that happened in his nation. and it was almost a month since they last saw each other, and prince seokmin as he is, he treats his closest friends more than just a friend. it is his family. he misses them even just a day without seeing them.

"so... may i ask why are you frowning? and you looked like you've been thinking something? tell me what is it your highness."

seokmin heave a sighed. "father had a deal to marry me over to the son of one of his closest friend." 

minghao furrowed his brows. "who among them? your majesty has a lot of closest friends."

"the finest businessman, he said."

"the finest businessman.." the prince of china squint his eyes like as if he was thinking who could be that person. "for sure it wasn't seungkwans father since seungkwan was already mated and he is an omega.. so who could that be?" 

prince seokmin was about to open his mouth to say a word, but prince minghao had already shouted making him startled as the latter already thought he knew what the king of korea was referring to. 

"that finest businessman! mister hong!" 

prince seokmin's brows furrowed. "mister hong? you can't be kidding me minghao, he doesn't have a child!" 

minghao shook his head as he grabbed his phone. "na ah, he has a child! he has an only son your highness, also a businessman like him." then prince seokmin watched how the prince of china was aggressively typing on the screen of his phone and it made him startled again upon the latter had shouted. "there he is, his son! a handsome businessman!" 

seokmin slowly took the phone from minghao, still brows was furrowing in confusion for he thought that that finest businessman doesn't have a child, nor a son to even had him marry.. as he looked at the screen of minghaos phone, flushing the picture of the man minghao said, the son of that specific businessman.

"j.. joshua hong."

prince minghao nodded. "yes your highness, the one you have to marry."