𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 1: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐠𝛐𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝛐𝐦𝐞

"𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑐𝑖𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑚𝑚𝑒𝑟, 𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒 𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑒 "𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠". 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡, 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑚𝑦 𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑜𝑚𝑒ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑟, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑧𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑜𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑠𝑢𝑛𝑛𝑦 𝑚𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑛𝑡, 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑘 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑎𝑖𝑛" – 𝑂𝑙𝑖𝑣𝑎 𝐾𝑙𝑢𝑔𝑚𝑎𝑛 𝑜𝑛 '𝑅𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝐽𝑢𝑛𝑒'

╼ 𓇣☀️𓇣 ╾

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝛐𝛐𝐝𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 moved past the car window. The treetops were unfortunately not able to shield the sun from the road, and the people within the old Camaro were sure steam would soon rise from their skin. There wasn't a drop of sweat on their bodies as the harsh rays made it evaporate. The few water bottles they had with them were worse than lukewarm, and Jo would rather die of thirst than try to drink that.

Jodie Carter was the only person in the car without a smile on her lips. Honestly, if they let her drive, they could have gotten to the family vacation home two hours earlier. Peggy wouldn't let that happen, always having to drive and be in charge. That was just second nature to her, much to Jodie's dismay. 

Pietro was asleep in the backseat – drooling on the window. Jo let out a huff of a chuckle, and for what seemed to be the first time in her life, she spotted Tony behind her with an actual book in his hands. Jo banged her head against the headrest of the leather seat, grabbing her sister's attention through the music.

"Would you stop ruining the seat!" Peggy snapped while her sister rolled her eyes and turned down the awful pop music.

"Dude, we could've been there like 2 hours ago if you'd just let me drive our car!" Jo drew out every last syllable of the word 'our'.

The Camaro wasn't Peggy's after all, and yet, she always seemed to be in the driver's seat. It was meant for both of the sisters. Their parents might have hoped it could help with their strained relationship. The car had been signed fully over to Jo when Peggy left for college.

"I wasn't the one who crashed our car," Peggy cooed in a taunting voice as she knew exactly how to get on her sister's nerves.

"And you'd think people matured after high school." Tony's voice came from the back. Both of the Carter's twisted their bodies in the seat, glaring through the man.

"Shut up, Stark," Jo grumbled and turned back to her sister with a tense jaw. "I barely hit a stop sign. I had the car all of last year, Margaret." Peggy hated when Jo used her full name like that. "But I guess everyone just falls on their knees when the queen returns."

"Oh, please!" Peggy huffed out, "as if you don't take my place as soon as I leave town."

"I don't!" Jo argued back but Peggy didn't reply. 

It just made her even madder when her sister tried to play the bigger person. A scoff left her lips and she fell back in the leathered seat with arms crossed over her chest. Jo couldn't exactly get away, so she stared out of the window angrily.