𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝚩𝛐𝐲 𝐬𝐩𝛐𝐭𝐬 𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝛐𝐰 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝛐 had taken a rest underneath one of the evergreen trees of the front yard. Tony was standing on one side of the car, the one with shade, but the warmth he felt was his own fault. One would think the man had something other than black clothes to wear, but that was the only kind of rebellion he could create without his parents throwing him out.

Peggy and Pietro were hauling bags out of the trunk. Pietro scratching his eyes to get rid of the sleep still stuck in them. Jo hopped down the five stone steps again, jogging towards the car and she pulled out the bags from the right side of the car.

"I was thinking, Pegs, now that you drove here you're probably tired, right? So why don't me and the boys drive to town and get the groceries?" Jo's mischievous smirk wasn't one she was trying to hide. Peggy looked up from the trunk, bags on both of her shoulders and the most unamused expression. An expression she had perfected by now. Jo stared after her sister when she simply walked past her and into the house.

"I think that was a no," Pietro grinned and with a load of bags on his shoulders he walked into the house as well. Tony, on the other hand, had a sly expression on his face.

"She didn't actually say no," he said and pulled a bag over his shoulder. She did the same and the small group of people all entered the Ivory House.

All of the rooms in the house were on the first or second floors. The ground floor consisted of a kitchen, a massive bathroom, a dining room, and a living room with a fireplace and a bar. Through the living room came the back porch and the most beautifully unkept garden to ever be seen.

Jodie spotted the car keys in the entrance. They were lying in the small bowl on top of the dresser, and she gave herself the liberty of sending a smirk to her reflection in the mirror. Tony put down his bags, staring around at the inside but his attention was caught by something else. Jo dangled the keys in front of her face and the man sent her a nod.

"Pietro!" Tony yelled through the house, and the blond man sprung down the stairs, standing in front of them within a second.

"What?" Pietro asked, spotting the car keys and a smile flew over his features.

"Margaret! We're going out!" Jo laughed, hearing a heavy something hit the floor, but she and the two men had already dashed back out of the front door.

Jo jumped into the front seat and put the keys in the ignition. The wheels spun before catching grip in the gravel. Tony jumped into the passenger seat and Pietro in the back. Jo let out a bright laugh and turned the car around, sending it back out onto the road. Back in the house, on the first floor, Peggy was looking out of the window. She shook her head as she watched the car speed off, but that small hint of a smile was still on her lips.

Inside the Camaro, all of the windows were rolled down, slashing wind blowing through the car and making Jo's blonde hair tousle in a great mane. The radio was turned up to the max, her secret little cassette tape of rock plopped in. Tony had put the seat down, his sneakers peeking out of the window while Pietro was hanging out of the window in the back, and all three of the barely adult teenagers sang along to the music.

Oakworth hills was a small old town. New houses were built now and again, but they all stuck to the same codes, light walls and dark roofs. A few older couples were out walking, one of them having a poodle with them. Some of the younger folks were getting home from work and now was probably the time of day with the most traffic. The most traffic being about 50 cars.

No matter what people's purpose for being out were, similar to all of them was the scrutinizing gaze that was sent towards the yellow Camaro. It was the same thing each year, as soon as that Camaro turned up, the next months was hell for the ones who liked their quiet time.