𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 33: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐧𝛐𝐰𝐧 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝛐𝐬𝐞𝐝

𝚩𝐢𝐫𝐝𝐬𝛐𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐢𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 strokes of paintbrushes. Aggressive meshing with the delicate and coming together like music. The sun rays began shining into the room and all of the Ivory House began stirring. The very foundations seemed to be buzzing with anticipation. The door to Jo's room opened not long after. Pietro, Tony, and Wanda all came in at once. The two men stared at Bucky, still asleep in her bed.

"Someone had a fun night?" Pietro warily asked, and she rolled her eyes.

"I started shaking and feeling like shit again, so he helped me out," she replied, in the middle of gazing at her work. The paintings were almost finished. She was adding the finishing details to all of them, making sure the shadows were perfect. Honestly, painting without being high was a lot harder. A small break might be good for her.

"How are you feeling?" Wanda asked, coming closer. Tony simply watched.

"Okay," she sighed, "lost a day's work, so I've been painting most of the night."

"You fine with us not doing too much this summer, then?" Wanda knowingly asked, and both Pietro and Jo rolled their eyes.

"You've just ruined my plans of smoking crack today," she groaned in annoyance, making Pietro chuckle.

"Funny," Tony mumbled and sat down at the foot of her bed. There was barely room with how much space Bucky was taking up. He always slept like that.

"You're not gonna lecture me, are you?" Jo asked while her eyebrows moved up high on her forehead.

"Nah. Even a dumbass like you know that shit wasn't cool," Tony said and let out a laugh that made Bucky stir.

He scratched his eyes and sat up in her bed. When he noticed the people there, his expression turned to confusion as he glanced around himself. He turned his back to them, running a hand through his hair.

"Shit, what time is it?" Bucky asked in the usual gravelly morning voice.

"It's about 10 am," Pietro said, looking around at the half-painted walls of her room. "You should get a clock in here." Bucky let out a grumbling sound that mimicked an 'okay' and stood up, wandering towards the other room on the floor. His bags were still in Wanda's room, they weren't dumb enough to move them.

Jo smiled to herself, pretending it was at the paintings. He always looked beautiful in the mornings. She wasn't sure there was much more she could do with the painting. She was adding the same lines over and over again, acting as if it made a noticeable difference.

The nervousness was rampant in her. Jo was about to shit her pants. Showing a painting of hers to Joan Semmel was not something she would have expected to happen within the next 100 years. The pieces she had created were ones she was proud of and felt comfortable showing. They were perfect in her personal messy way.

"They're good," Pietro laughed and nudged her with his shoulder, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Good thing you stopped her, looked like her mind was about to burn down – steam out of your ears and everything," Tony said, waving a hand around her ears to rid the room of the 'smoke'.

"Funny," she grumbled and pushed both of them.

"Shit, it's the addict violence again!" Tony cackled and took a step back, so she missed her slap.

"You're a fucking idiot," she huffed, while Wanda rolled her eyes.

"Objectively wrong," Tony arrogantly said and tilted his head. He moved out of the way again when she slashed out.

"Are you ready to go?" Wanda asked, getting them back onto a more serious topic.

"Yup," she breathed in the word and popped the p. She would've answered exactly the same way if someone had asked if she was terrified.