𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 22: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝

𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 were the ones where she was happy about the privacy you still had in the Ivory House. No one ever forced you to wake up at a specific time. Unless you had made plans, people would leave you alone until dinner. Jo was lying on Bucky's chest, listening to his calm heartbeat, while his hand ran up and down her back.

"How long do you think they're going to leave us alone?" Bucky asked in the most wonderful gravelly morning voice while he twirled a strand of hair around his finger. Jo stopped playing with the dog tags around his neck and turned her head towards the window. From the angle the sun shone into the room, it had to be closer to noon.

"Not long," she sighed and delicately ran her fingers through his hair, feeling the individual strands bend around her.

They had woken up hours ago, but neither of them wanted to leave. Since last night, her room had been their own little pocket of space and time where they could be without a worry. Sure, they couldn't laugh as loudly or yell in case Tony was still in his room below them, but it was better than the usual stolen touches and glances.

"What're you doing today?" She asked, leaning closer to him, and she gently pressed her lips to his.

"Work," he mumbled and slid his hand to the back of her head, tangling his fingers in those honey locks.

"You know you can talk to me about it, right?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she put her palm on his chest and her chin on top of that, watching him.

"Yeah, I know," Bucky replied and started running the tips of his fingers up and down her spine. "It's just boring. I don't think you'd enjoy it." He scrunched up his nose, and she quickly pressed a kiss to it.

"Doesn't matter. If you want to talk about it, then we can," she smiled, and he hoarsely chuckled, shaking his head. "What?"

"Nothin'," he laughed, and she mockingly pouted.

"Come on, tell me," she laughed and sat up in the bed, crossing her legs. Bucky folded an arm behind his head, watching her with a smirk as her eyes travelled across his chiselled torso. The sheet barely covered his crotch, and one of his legs lazily hung from the side of the bed.

"Why are you looking so smug? I'm trying to be serious here," she giggled and slapped his side, making him chuckle. The man knew exactly how good he looked. It annoyed the shit out of her.

"I know, it's just funny," he said and shook his head again.

"What is? For once, I can't actually read your mind," she complained while he sent her another stupidly soft smile.

"It's funny you're able to not be an ass to me. Deep down, you're pretty soft," he said, and her mouth instantly went wide.

"Take that back!" She huffed while he started laughing. "I'm not soft." She slapped his side, but even doing that, she wasn't putting any strength into it. He didn't even flinch from it.

"Sure, you aren't," Bucky said and seriously nodded, the arrogant half-pout of a smirk back on his lips.

Jo grabbed a pillow and immediately flung it at his face. His arm rose, catching it before she could make contact.

"Oh, you are so lucky we can't make any noise," he growled, eyes turning dark, and she gulped, feeling her stomach fluttering.

"I'm not soft," she mumbled, crossing her arms over her chest, and averting her gaze.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see him come closer. Always that look of a stalking predator, and he didn't care as the sheets fell from his body, revealing all his naked glory. One hand landed on her thigh, the other beside her as he leaned in and kissed her cheek, dragging his soft and damp lips across her jaw.