𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 27: 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐥𝐥𝛐𝐰 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐫𝛐 roared through the woods, breathing in the forest around them and becoming a part of the nature, using it as fuel. The scorching summer rays were heating up the inside but neither Bucky nor Jo felt it. They were both too giddy.

Her sneakers were stuck out of the window. The sound of the latest rock blared in the background as she grabbed the lukewarm water bottle, having sat in the sun while the couple had their fun. Still, Jo put it up to her lips and took a sip.

"I didn't know you could drive like this," she said and handed the bottle of water to him. He was definitely speeding, the exhilaration in her bones flared. Bucky was so annoyingly hot.

"We have somewhere to be," he said while grabbing the bottle of water from her hands.

"Sometimes I forget you're not as boring as Steve and Peggy," she said and smiled brightly at the marks on his neck peeking out from his shirt collar.

"They're not boring," he laughed out and handed her the water. "Peggy just babies you, and she would kill Steve if he didn't do the same."

"But not you?" She smugly asked.

"No." He licked his lips and lazily moved his eyes onto her. "Not me."

One cocky look from him, and her breathing became shallow. Jo sat up in the seat, turning awfully serious all of a sudden. He laughed again. The expression was so out of place on her beautiful face.

"So, I have four days until I have to go see Joan Semmel again," Jo said, and he now understood her change. The smile spread on his lips. "I need to catch up with Wanda, but I have to concentrate on the pieces as well."

"Plural?" He asked, eyes widening, and she giggled. His chest tightened and the boyish grin appeared on his lips. She was giggling at him. Such a perfect sound.

"Yup," she proudly spoke and popped the p. "I wasn't just avoiding you, you know."

"Wow, is that Jodie Carter admitting to something?" He exaggeratedly spoke, and she playfully slapped his shoulder.

"No use trying to lie when you already know the truth," she said and rolled her eyes.

In the same moment, she leaned closer to him and put her hand on his thigh, kissing up the side of his neck, across the marks she had already created. They were still in that in-between state, between something that just happened and something evolving into more. Jo didn't know if she was talking about them or the marks.

"Honey, I'm really trying to focus on the road," he heavily breathed, interlacing their hands on his thigh.

"Too bad we're already late," she sighed and fell back in her seat, trying to make it seem like she wasn't as sore as she was. Bucky deviously smiled.

"You know, my family is out of town," he cheekily grinned. "I know how much you like having fun." Her stomach fluttered at his words, and she watched him to see if he was joking but he wasn't.

"If you drive fast enough, we can make it," she slowly giggled, taking in a deep breath as she looked over his body. He ran his tongue along with his teeth and pressed down the speeder. "Speaking of town... you know, you're staying in Wanda's room, right?"

He glanced at her, eyebrows furrowing. "The makeup and leftover soaps make more sense now. Here I was, thinking Peggy was just tryin' to send me a hint." Jo rolled her eyes, unable to hide her smile and Bucky put a hand on her thigh, comfortably resting there.

"Do you think we should tell her? About us?" She asked, biting down on her lip while her right leg started bouncing up and down.

"Do you want to tell her?" He asked, and she sighed deeply. A coy smile then spread on her face.